Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- Funding the Green Transition: The Importance of Sustainable FinanceThere are numerous opportunities and obstacles for corporations in the U.S. and EU as they invest in the transition toward sustainable finance.
- Reducing Methane Emissions Through Smart Policy ChangesHere’s how policymakers are taking action to reduce methane emissions for a positive impact on the environment and the economy.
Climate Change: The Path Forward
A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come. We stand with every American seeking a cleaner, stronger environment—for today and tomorrow.
We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth.
As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
Small business advice from CO—
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward Special UpdateTuesday, August 1602:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Jun 13, 2022New Analysis Shows Massive Private Cleanup Costs for PFAS Chemistries at Superfund Sites
There are increasing pressures from consumers, environmental organizations, and governments to address the challenges attributed to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). The EPA should engage in a full regulatory impact and cost-benefit analysis as part of efforts to address these issues.
- Jun 08, 2022Hill Letter on S. 4244, "Alan Reinstein Ban Asbestos Now (ARBAN) Act"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, opposing S. 4244, the "Alan Reinstein Ban Asbestos Now (ARBAN) Act."
- Jun 08, 2022PFOS and PFOA Private Cleanup Costs at Non-Federal Superfund Sites
This report provides a new analysis on the cost of cleanup for potentially responsible parties (PRP) for Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS) and Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which total over $17.4 billion for existing non-federal national priority sites alone.
- Jun 01, 2022Coalition Letter on Inclusion of PFAS in the FY23 National Defense Authorization Act
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the Senate and House Committees on Armed Services, on inclusion of provisions related to PFAS in the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
- May 26, 2022Hill Letter on H.R. 7776, the "Water Resources Development Act"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 7776, the "Water Resources Development Act."
- May 05, 2022U.S. Chamber Joins Groups in Applauding Kigali Amendment Progress
In response to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee passage of the Kigali Amendment, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce joined several trade groups in issuing the following statement.
- May 04, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Water Resources Development Act of 2022
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on the Water Resources Development Act of 2022.
- Apr 29, 2022Coalition Letter on Water Infrastructure Funding in FY23 Appropriations Legislation
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, on funding for water infrastructure programs.
- Apr 28, 2022Coalition Letter on Funding for the Border Water Infrastructure Program
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the House and Senate Committees on Appropriations, urging funding for the Border Water Infrastructure Program (BWIP).