- Ensure that policymakers support the creative and innovative approaches that companies are undertaking to address their environmental and sustainability challenges.
- Promote voluntary, flexible – not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive – policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress.
- Catalyze federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and growth in the sustainability space.
Based on the recent survey and discussions with members, the environment and sustainability policy service offerings include:
- Policymaker education – The Chamber is working to build awareness among policymakers and the public regarding the varied and substantial environmental and sustainability efforts being undertaken by the business community, including through the sharing of data, information, and best practices.
- A supportive enabling environment – The Chamber works with members and stakeholders to identify and advocate for proactive policies and investments that will continue to empower companies to pursue and maximize the impact of their sustainability initiatives.
The policy agenda is focusing on climate and water issues.
For more information, contact Chuck Chaitovitz, vice president for Environmental Affairs and Sustainability at CChaitovitz@uschamber.com.