Free and efficient financial markets are essential to a diverse and growing economy. They allow businesses to succeed and individuals to build financial security. To support that system, we need smart regulation that ensures access to capital and credit, enables companies to go public, incentivizes innovation, and provides choice and access for investors while protecting consumers.
What small businesses and corporations need to know about financing and financial regulations, including information about accessing credit, raising capital, and the role of government agencies and financial institutions.
- How Bank Mergers Promote CompetitionBank mergers help drive innovation and access to products and services for consumers. But proposed legislation could stifle deals at a time when new technologies and entrants are creating more competition than ever before.
- Why Selling Your Business Might Get HarderProposed antitrust legislation could impact the ability of everyone from individual entrepreneurs to multi-million-dollar companies to be acquired.
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Stock BuybacksWith the potential for new legislative developments, now is a good time to take a closer look at stock buybacks: what they are, what they do, what motivates a company to make investment decisions, and who benefits when companies buy back their stock.
The U.S. Chamber promotes policies that ensure U.S. capital markets remain the fairest, most efficient, and innovative in the world. We advocate for legislation and regulation that strengthens our capital markets, allowing businesses—from the local flower shop to a multinational manufacturer—to mitigate risks, manage liquidity, access credit, and raise capital.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Dec 03, 2021Chamber Submits FOIA Requests to the FTC
- Dec 01, 2021Chamber Comments on the FTC's Strategic Plan
- Nov 19, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022 This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate on the substitute amendment to S. 2792, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022."
- Nov 19, 2021Letter to FTC on Penalty Offense Authority
- Nov 19, 2021Letter to FTC on Practice of Counting "Zombie Votes"
- Nov 16, 2021How Bank Mergers Promote Competition Bank mergers help drive innovation and access to products and services for consumers. But proposed legislation could stifle deals at a time when new technologies and entrants are creating more competition than ever before.
- Nov 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on a Markup on November 16 in the House Financial Services Committee This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Committee on Financial Services on four bills to be considered during a markup on Tuesday, November 16.