The U.S. Chamber's Economic and Tax Policy Division focuses its work on advancing policies that create jobs and foster economic growth.
Our division is committed to pro-growth tax policies that preserve America's global competitiveness and is opposed to tax increases that reduce businesses' ability to grow, invest, and create jobs. We believe a successful economy depends on a tax code that rewards achievement, encourages investment, and promotes growth. Below you will find links to our policy objectives and accomplishments, recent Hill communications, and other relevant materials.
- Nov 30, 2021NEW – Updated Poll: The COVID-19 Unemployed
- Nov 18, 2021Coalition Letter on Reconciliation This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress, opposing H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Nov 18, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on H.R. 5376, the Reconciliation Bill This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, opposing H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Nov 15, 2021Inflation is the Highest Since 1990 and the Reconciliation Bill Will Make It Worse When it comes to inflation, the Reconciliation Bill will put America further in the hole.
- Nov 12, 2021The Divide Between Job Openings and Willing Workers Widens The latest figures on job openings shows that businesses are still struggling to find workers to fill open positions, with 2.8 million more job openings than available workers in the economy.
- Nov 10, 20214 Factors Driving Food Price Inflation Food prices are on the rise as inflation issues persist due to labor shortages, supply chain blockages, soaring energy costs, and other issues.
- Oct 25, 2021Coalition Letter on the Department of the Treasury's Tax Reporting Proposal This Coalition letter was sent to the President of the United States on the Department of the Treasury's tax reporting proposal.
- Oct 12, 2021U.S. Chamber on the ‘Significant Threat’ of Unfilled Jobs to Economic Recovery WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark today released the following statement on the news that 10.4 million jobs were unfilled at the end of August, a slight decrease from July’s record high.
- Sep 15, 2021Finance and Financial Regulation Basics for Businesses What small businesses and corporations need to know about financing and financial regulations.
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to the U.S. Economy What business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy.