The U.S. Chamber's Economic and Tax Policy Division focuses its work on advancing policies that create jobs and foster economic growth.
Our division is committed to pro-growth tax policies that preserve America's global competitiveness and is opposed to tax increases that reduce businesses' ability to grow, invest, and create jobs. We believe a successful economy depends on a tax code that rewards achievement, encourages investment, and promotes growth. Below you will find links to our policy objectives and accomplishments, recent Hill communications, and other relevant materials.
- Aug 11, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter to the House on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 05, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 05, 2022Coalition Letter on the Inflation Reduction Act
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, with 253 state and local chambers of commerce and national trade associations, opposing the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Aug 05, 2022America Works Data Center
Capturing the current state of the U.S. workforce.
- Aug 05, 2022Understanding America’s Labor Shortage
In 2021, businesses added an unprecedented 3.8 million jobs. But at the same time, workforce participation remains below pre-pandemic levels, meaning we have 3.4 million fewer Americans working today compared to February of 2020.
- Jul 15, 2022Understanding America’s Labor Shortage: The Most Impacted Industries
The transportation, health care and social assistance, and accommodation and food sectors have had the highest numbers of job openings.
- Jul 13, 2022Coalition Letter Opposing a Small Business Tax Increase
This Coalition letter was sent by the Associated General Contractors, opposing a potential expansion of the 3.8 percent Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) to include the incomes of S corporations and partnerships where the owners actively manage the business. This increase would specifically target small and family-owned Main Street businesses.
- Jul 07, 2022How Fixing Our Worker Shortage Can Fight Inflation
As the cost of payroll goes up, businesses increase prices as much as they can so that they can maintain their profit margins and stay in business.
- Jun 27, 2022Energy and Inflation: 5 Things You Need to Know Now
Our energy team broke down the five key factors impacting energy prices and inflation right now.
- Jun 22, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on FY23 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Appropriations, ahead of the committee's markup of the Fiscal Year 2023 Financial Services and General Government Appropriations bill.