Chambers of Commerce
All across the country, chambers of commerce work with state and local governments and elected officials to ensure job creators have a seat at the table where they do business. Trust in business is especially high at the local level, and chambers of commerce play an important role by fostering strong economies that enable employers to grow, thrive, and strengthen their communities.
Read these first
- A Guide to Starting and Growing a Chamber of CommerceResources and answers to the most common questions about starting and running a local Chamber of Commerce.
- AccreditationOur accreditation program recognizes chambers for outstanding contributions toward positive change in their communities.
- An Enduring Mission and a Vision for the FutureU.S. Chamber CEO Suzanne Clark lays out her vision for helping businesses strengthen our economy and expand opportunity—now and for future generations.
Since 1912 the Chamber has focused on making America the best place for job creators.
The U.S. Chamber works closely with a nationwide network of state and local chambers. Through this strong partnership, the U.S. Chamber has broad reach and deep relationships in communities across the country. In turn, state and local chambers have a powerful advocate in Washington. Together, we promote policies that create healthy business climates, from legal reform and smart regulation to workforce development and infrastructure.
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Oct 13, 2021Supporting Local Chambers Means Supporting Local Businesses Local Chambers of Commerce are our nation’s strongest small business advocates, providing a voice for thousands of communities across America. When businesses succeed, communities succeed, and local chambers are there every step of the way empowering businesses to grow and thrive even in the most challenging of circumstances. That’s why the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is proud to celebrate “Support Your Local Chamber Day” on October 20th.
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Welcomes 12 New Members to Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed 12 new executives to its Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 (CCC100). These experienced leaders advise the U.S. Chamber’s board of directors, enhance lobbying and coalition work, recommend programming, and strengthen outreach to the business and chamber communities.
- Jun 17, 2021U.S. Chamber Awards 7 Chambers of Commerce with Accreditation The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting last week, awarded the Accreditation designation to 7 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
- Jun 16, 2021Treasury's ARPA Tax Mandate Limits State Recovery Efforts U.S. Chamber State & Local Policy Initiative launches map to track American Rescue Plan funds and track litigation stop the ARPA tax mandate
- Mar 29, 2021U.S. Chamber Announces State and Local Policy Initiative to Promote Effective State Policies “From data privacy to worker classification to discriminatory taxes to energy regulation, increasingly, policy issues of significant importance to the business community are migrating from statehouse to state house and from the federal government to state governments and vice-versa," said Tom Wickham, Senior Vice President for State and Local Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “Many of these policies have outsized impact on the national economy and even local governments are considering policies that have implications well beyond their borders. This new initiative will improve strategic coordination, collaboration, and information sharing to help advance pro-business policy and stop policy that undermines the free enterprise system and job creation, irrespective of where those policies are under consideration.
- Jun 19, 2020U.S. Chamber Awards 24 Chambers of Commerce with Accreditation The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meetings this month and in March, awarded accreditation to 24 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
- May 20, 2020Coalition Letter on Liability Relief Legislation This Coalition letter was sent to Members of Congress on potential liability relief legislation relating to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Apr 28, 2020Joint Letter on Reopening the Economy This letter was sent, signed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Council of State Chambers, to the White House, National Governors Association, U.S. Conference of Mayors, the National Association of Counties, and to Congress, on guidance for reopening the economy.
- Feb 04, 2020U.S. Chamber Welcomes 5 New Members to Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed 5 new executives to its Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 (CCC100).