Chambers of Commerce
All across the country, chambers of commerce work with state and local governments and elected officials to ensure job creators have a seat at the table where they do business. Trust in business is especially high at the local level, and chambers of commerce play an important role by fostering strong economies that enable employers to grow, thrive, and strengthen their communities.
Read these first
- A Guide to Starting and Growing a Chamber of CommerceResources and answers to the most common questions about starting and running a local Chamber of Commerce.
- AccreditationOur accreditation program recognizes chambers for outstanding contributions toward positive change in their communities.
- An Enduring Mission and a Vision for the FutureU.S. Chamber CEO Suzanne Clark lays out her vision for helping businesses strengthen our economy and expand opportunity—now and for future generations.
Since 1912 the Chamber has focused on making America the best place for job creators.
The U.S. Chamber works closely with a nationwide network of state and local chambers. Through this strong partnership, the U.S. Chamber has broad reach and deep relationships in communities across the country. In turn, state and local chambers have a powerful advocate in Washington. Together, we promote policies that create healthy business climates, from legal reform and smart regulation to workforce development and infrastructure.
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward Special UpdateTuesday, August 1602:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Jun 16, 2021Treasury's ARPA Tax Mandate Limits State Recovery Efforts U.S. Chamber State & Local Policy Initiative launches map to track American Rescue Plan funds and track litigation stop the ARPA tax mandate
- Mar 29, 2021U.S. Chamber Announces State and Local Policy Initiative to Promote Effective State Policies
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today announced the launch of a new State and Local Policy Initiative to work in coordination with state and local chamber partners on issues of national significance.
- Nov 19, 2020U.S. Chamber Awards 15 Chambers of Commerce with Accreditation
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting last week, awarded accreditation to 15 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
- Jun 19, 2020U.S. Chamber Awards 24 Chambers of Commerce with Accreditation
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meetings this month and in March, awarded accreditation to 24 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
- May 20, 2020Coalition Letter on Liability Relief Legislation
This Coalition letter was sent to Members of Congress on potential liability relief legislation relating to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Apr 28, 2020Joint Letter on Reopening the Economy
This letter was sent, signed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Council of State Chambers, to the White House, National Governors Association, U.S. Conference of Mayors, the National Association of Counties, and to Congress, on guidance for reopening the economy.
- Feb 04, 2020U.S. Chamber Welcomes 5 New Members to Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed 5 new executives to its Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 (CCC100).
- Dec 12, 2019Coalition Letter on U.S.-Mexico Water Solutions
This Coalition letter was sent to the House Committees on Transportation and Infrastructure and Financial Services, on water issues and solutions along the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Nov 19, 2019U.S. Chamber Awards 17 Local Chambers with Accreditation
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting earlier this month, awarded accreditation to 17 chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
- Sep 17, 2019U.S. Chamber Welcomes 14 New Members to Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently welcomed 14 new executives to its Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 (CCC100).