Political Affairs and Issue Advocacy
The Political Affairs and Issue Advocacy division leads the Chamber's political program and external advocacy campaigns to support pro-business priorities.
The political affairs team leads the process to interview and recommend endorsements on behalf of candidates for federal office who will vigorously support free enterprise public policy. In addition, this division manages the Chamber's Political Advocacy Committee, a governing body of business leaders, state chamber CEOs, and government affairs heads of offices who help guide the Chamber's overall political program.
This division supports the Chamber's greater Strategic Advocacy initiative by helping to lead, manage and execute external campaigns to influence public policy that will affect the business community, job creators, and our workforce. Combining innovation, data science, and best-in-class tactics, this division helps the Chamber and business community effectively communicate the message of our members in the midst of the toughest policy battles.
Chamber Releases Complete Scorecard for 116th Congress
Members of Congress were rewarded for enactment of USMCA and pandemic relief.
- Jul 19, 2022U.S. Chamber Endorses Rep. Josh Gottheimer for New Jersey’s 5th Congressional District
Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsement of Representative Josh Gottheimer (D) to represent New Jersey’s Fifth Congressional District.
- Jun 27, 2022USA TODAY: Who is Rodney Davis? An Illinois Republican facing off against the Trump factor
Illinois lost one congressional seat as a result of the 2020 census. The resulting redrawn political maps has now resulted in a primary between two Republican incumbent House representatives, five-term Rep. Rodney Davis and freshman Rep. Mary Miller.
- Jun 21, 2022U.S. Chamber Endorses Esther Joy King for Illinois’ 17th Congressional District
Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsement of Esther Joy King (R) to represent Illinois’ Seventeenth Congressional District.
- Jun 21, 2022WASHINGTON EXAMINER: Rep. Davis nabs key endorsements before Illinois GOP primary vs. fellow lawmaker
Davis this week won the endorsements of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Illinois Chamber of Commerce.
- Jun 20, 2022MUDDY RIVER NEWS: Davis gets Illinois and U.S. Chamber endorsements
QUINCY — Congressman Rodney Davis (R-Illinois) has earned the backing of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce as well as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Jun 17, 2022YELLOWHAMMER NEWS: U.S. Chamber of Commerce endorses ‘proven leader’ Dale Strong for Congress
Thursday, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsement of Madison County Commission chairman Dale Strong in his bid for Alabama’s open fifth congressional district seat.
- Jun 16, 2022U.S. Chamber Endorses Dale Strong for Alabama’s 5th Congressional District
Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsement of Dale Strong (R) to represent Alabama’s Fifth Congressional District.
- Jun 16, 2022ALABAMA POLITICAL REPORTER: U.S. Chamber of Commerce endorses Dale Strong
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has endorsed Dale Strong for Congress in Alabama’s 5th Congressional District.
- Jun 16, 2022AL.com: U.S. Chamber of Commerce endorses Dale Strong in north Alabama congressional runoff
Less than a week before Tuesday’s runoff election in the 5th Congressional District primary, frontrunner Dale Strong received an endorsement from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.