To compete in an increasingly complex and interconnected world, technology and digital innovation are vital. Tech-based industries like biotech, space, fintech, and artificial intelligence pioneer the solutions that improve lives, solve problems, and advance society. They also provide the digital tools that help traditional businesses grow, stay connected, and compete around the globe.
Technology In Focus at the CEO Summit of the Americas
- Google CEO: How to Grow Economic Opportunity Through Digital SkillsSundar Pichai, CEO of Google, shared how the private sector can grow economic opportunities for entrepreneurs through technology and digital skills.
- Leveraging Digital Tools for Growth in the AmericasExperts from the Americas convened at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas to discuss how digital tools have created new business growth opportunities.
- Nick Clegg: The Metaverse’s Future Impact on the Global EconomyNick Clegg of Meta explains how the metaverse is the next step in internet evolution, as well as how it’s changing the digital landscape and global economy.
Technology and Small Business
New report finds that technology is a driver of economic success for small businesses and that policymakers must encourage an environment that enables all businesses to succeed with digital tools.
- Three Priorities to Keep America’s Innovative EdgeCongress must pass a bipartisan innovation and competition package to sustain our technological leadership.
- How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources, capabilities, and expertise to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.
- It's Time to Get Serious About National Data Privacy LegislationCongress needs to act quickly and appropriately on a national data privacy standard to ensure that American businesses and consumers are not harmed by a patchwork of state laws.
Businesses are increasingly being targeted for ransomware attacks, paying millions of dollars per year to cybercriminals to recover stolen data. Our cybersecurity experts break down what businesses need to know, including what to do if your business is attacked.
Today, nearly every company, no matter what business they're in, is in some way powered by technology. The U.S. Chamber’s Technology Engagement Center fosters the transformational role that technology plays in business and society. Our work helps businesses in every industry leverage technology to optimize their businesses, serve their customers, and boost growth and productivity. To spur innovation and support emerging industries, we advocate for rational and cohesive policies in the states and in Washington.
Here's how the FTC is working to address several important technology issues, including data privacy, artificial intelligence, and ongoing process changes.
Small business advice from CO—
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. Staying Connected in a Hybrid WorldThursday, August 1112:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Aug 02, 2022Empowering Small Business: The Impact of Technology on U.S. Small Business
Report finds that technology is a driver of economic success for small businesses and that policymakers must encourage an environment that enables all businesses to succeed with digital tools.
- Aug 02, 2022New Study Shows Technology Platforms Critical to Small Business Growth
Small businesses that utilize technology platforms are outperforming their peers and are more optimistic about the future.
- Aug 01, 2022AI’s Role in Modernizing Intellectual Property and Bolstering National Security
Here are six recommendations for how the U.S. can lead on AI from the U.S. Chamber's fifth and final AI Commission hearing in Washington, D.C. on July 21, 2022.
- Aug 01, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Administration's Counter UAS Action Plan
This Hill letter was sent to Congressional leadership and a number of Committees, on the Administration's Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Action Plan.
- Jul 27, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022.
- Jul 21, 2022Voters to Congress: Lower Prices, Leave Tech Alone
A new poll reveals that voters oppose Congressional proposals to add new antitrust regulations for technology companies, and a majority of voters are more likely to oppose candidates who support such regulations.
- Jul 19, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on the CHIPS Act of 2022
This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting the CHIPS Act of 2022.