To compete in an increasingly complex and interconnected world, technology and digital innovation are vital. Tech-based industries like biotech, space, fintech, and artificial intelligence pioneer the solutions that improve lives, solve problems, and advance society. They also provide the digital tools that help traditional businesses grow, stay connected, and compete around the globe.
Technology In Focus at the CEO Summit of the Americas
- Google CEO: How to Grow Economic Opportunity Through Digital SkillsSundar Pichai, CEO of Google, shared how the private sector can grow economic opportunities for entrepreneurs through technology and digital skills.Watch now
- Leveraging Digital Tools for Growth in the AmericasExperts from the Americas convened at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas to discuss how digital tools have created new business growth opportunities.Watch now
- Nick Clegg: The Metaverse’s Future Impact on the Global EconomyNick Clegg of Meta explains how the metaverse is the next step in internet evolution, as well as how it’s changing the digital landscape and global economy.Watch now
Despite bipartisan efforts to improve internet access, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) is imposing unnecessary and ideological requirements on a new broadband deployment program.
- Three Priorities to Keep America’s Innovative EdgeCongress must pass a bipartisan innovation and competition package to sustain our technological leadership.Learn More
- How Tech Companies are Supporting UkraineAmerican tech companies are leveraging their resources, capabilities, and expertise to assist Ukraine and defend its sovereignty against Russian aggression.Learn More
- It's Time to Get Serious About National Data Privacy LegislationCongress needs to act quickly and appropriately on a national data privacy standard to ensure that American businesses and consumers are not harmed by a patchwork of state laws.Learn More
The U.S. and its allies should be the ones developing and advancing ethical Artificial Intelligence technologies that align with our common democratic goals and values. Any effort to pause further innovation will leave us unable to advance these essential values as others move forward without us.
Today, nearly every company, no matter what business they're in, is in some way powered by technology. The U.S. Chamber’s Technology Engagement Center fosters the transformational role that technology plays in business and society. Our work helps businesses in every industry leverage technology to optimize their businesses, serve their customers, and boost growth and productivity. To spur innovation and support emerging industries, we advocate for rational and cohesive policies in the states and in Washington.
Here's how the FTC is working to address several important technology issues, including data privacy, artificial intelligence, and ongoing process changes.
Small business advice from CO—
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
Why threats to WHOIS access raise concerns for online security and law enforcement.
This Coalition letter was sent to Congress to encourage action to address threats posed by illicit and careless use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
The U.S. Chamber signed on to a multi-association industry letter to Secretary Blinken, Secretary Raimondo, and Ambassador Tai outlining concerns with the European Cybersecurity Certification Scheme for Cloud Services (EUCS).
The U.S. Chamber submitted comments on proposed Treasury regulations that would implement the new advanced manufacturing investment credit in section 48D of the Internal Revenue Code, which was enacted as part of the CHIPS Act of 2022 to incentivize the manufacture of semiconductors and semiconductor manufacturing equipment within the United States
We are at a key moment in time when the ethical application and regulation of AI must be explored together with industry leaders, ethicists, policymakers, and civil society alike so we can realize the true potential of these technologies.
The Federal Trade Commission's recent actions show its sustained willingness to exceed its authority in consumer protection matters.
This Statement for the Record was sent to the Senate Judiciary committee, submitting the AI Commission's report for the hearing, "Oversight of A.I: Rules for Artificial Intelligence."
This Statement for the Record was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Oversight & Accountability, for the hearing, "Costly Inaction on Federal Legacy IT."
This Statement for the Record was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, on the hearing "Competition in the Digital Advertising Ecosystem."