Congress needs to act quickly and appropriately on a national data privacy standard to ensure that American businesses and consumers are not harmed by a patchwork of state law
Data can unlock innovation—in everything from manufacturing and medicine to public safety and financial services. Today’s economy relies on data, but a patchwork of data privacy laws introduced in more than 25 states is creating confusion for businesses of all sizes. The U.S. Chamber is urging Congress to pass a national data privacy law. This will protect all Americans equally, no matter where they live, providing a clear set of rules for all businesses, no matter where they operate.
Here's how the FTC is working to address several important technology issues, including data privacy, artificial intelligence, and ongoing process changes.
- InternationalCEO Summit of the AmericasWednesday, June 08 - Thursday, June 0908:00 AM EDT - 06:00 PM EDT
- InternationalUSIBC 2022 Technology Summit - Innovation Fueled ProsperityTuesday, June 21 - Thursday, June 2312:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- InternationalU.S. Chamber of Commerce Delegation to Israel's Cyber WeekSunday, June 26 - Thursday, June 3012:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- Apr 26, 2022U.S. Chamber, Business Groups Support Finalization of Transatlantic Privacy Framework
The groups commended efforts to finalize a framework to reestablish the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield.
- Apr 22, 2022The FTC’s Consumer Protection Agenda Could Hinder Innovation and E-Commerce
As the Federal Trade Commission consolidates power and mulls further consumer protection enforcement and rules, American businesses should be on notice that their AI innovation and ability to attract new earners could be at risk.
- Jan 28, 2022It’s Time to Get Serious About National Data Privacy Legislation
Congress needs to act quickly and appropriately on a national data privacy standard to ensure that American businesses and consumers are not harmed by a patchwork of state laws.
- Jan 13, 2022Coalition Letter on National Privacy Legislation
This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the United States Congress on national privacy legislation.
- Sep 30, 2021Comments on Pakistan's Data Protection Bill
- Sep 29, 2021Coalition Letter on Data Privacy
This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on data privacy.
- Sep 21, 2021The 10 Principles of Data Privacy