Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is America’s strength, spurring the innovation and creativity that have made the U.S. economy the most vibrant and dynamic in history. When businesses recognize and embrace different perspectives, they are better able to create value, serve customers, support employees, and solve problems. By providing opportunities for everyone, businesses help lift communities and strengthen the health, prosperity, and competitiveness of our nation and our society.
Read these first
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company's DNAAs we prepare for 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionHow diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a business imperative. Guided by data and informed by conversations with business, government, academic, and civic leaders, the U.S. Chamber’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative (EOI) advances public and private sector solutions to help close opportunity gaps. Focusing on employment, entrepreneurship, education, and criminal justice, the EOI agenda aims to help all people—no matter their race or background—go as far and as high as their talent and hard work will take them.
Experts share ways organizations can retain and advance diverse talent in the workplace.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalVirtual InSTEP Discussion: UN Ambassador Linda Thomas-GreenfieldThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- FinanceTecTalk with Representatives Gerry Connolly and Darrell IssaThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- Climate ChangeBuilding Momentum to COP27: Public-Private Collaboration on ClimateMonday, January 24 - Tuesday, January 2509:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Jan 17, 2022Infrastructure Inclusion: A Tie That Can Bind America Together The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act provides a once-in-a-generation chance to close opportunity gaps that exist in our nation’s core infrastructure.
- Dec 15, 2021Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned Businesses This report outlines current proposals that have been or could be introduced in policymaking channels that would help drive economic equality and create solutions that could serve as building blocks of success through improved access to capital for entrepreneurs of color.
- Nov 23, 2021How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
- Nov 03, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 3143, the "Resolving Sexual Assault and Harassment Disputes Act" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate supporting S. 3143, the “Resolving Sexual Assault and Harassment Disputes Act." This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard.
- Oct 26, 2021The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company’s DNA As we prepare for 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- Oct 16, 2021Customer Care Center Brings Opportunity to South Side Chicago Discover is creating a 100,000+ square foot customer care center that will provide nearly 1,000 full-time jobs for the community.
- Oct 07, 2021More than 500 Organizations have signed on as partners to the Equality of Opportunity Initiative In June 2020, the U.S. Chamber announced the national initiative to address inequality of opportunity. Since it launched, more than 500 state and local chambers of commerce and associations have stepped up to formally join the Equality of Opportunity Initiative. The Chamber and partners are powering a nationwide effort to advance economic inclusion across our society through business leadership.
- Sep 23, 2021Workplace Wellness Wellness and chronic disease management programs in the workplace play a critical role in improving the nation's health and productivity.