Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is America’s strength, spurring the innovation and creativity that have made the U.S. economy the most vibrant and dynamic in history. When businesses recognize and embrace different perspectives, they are better able to create value, serve customers, support employees, and solve problems. By providing opportunities for everyone, businesses help lift communities and strengthen the health, prosperity, and competitiveness of our nation and our society.
Read these first
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company's DNAIn 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionHow diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
VP Kamala Harris on Building a Sustainable and Equitable Future in the Americas
Vice President Kamala Harris spoke at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas about the role of policymakers in building a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future for all.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a business imperative. Guided by data and informed by conversations with business, government, academic, and civic leaders, the U.S. Chamber’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative (EOI) advances public and private sector solutions to help close opportunity gaps. Focusing on employment, entrepreneurship, education, and criminal justice, the EOI agenda aims to help all people—no matter their race or background—go as far and as high as their talent and hard work will take them.
Experts share ways organizations can retain and advance diverse talent in the workplace.
Small business advice from CO—
- Environment and SustainabilitySustainability and Circular Economy Summit 2022Tuesday, October 1109:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. WeekTuesday, October 18 - Thursday, October 2012:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International4th Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThursday, November 1009:00 AM EST - 12:15 PM EST
- Aug 24, 2022
Each month Women Taking the Lead highlights a female leader within the U.S. Chamber membership to showcase how women are currently leading in all areas of the business community. In August, we are highlighting the importance of passing the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act in a conversation with Colleen Litkenhaus, Senior Director for Dow Inc. Read more about Colleen in her own words below.
- Jul 20, 2022
Each month Women Taking the Lead highlights a female leader within the U.S. Chamber membership to showcase how women are currently leading in all areas of the business community. In July, we are highlighting civic engagement, bridge building, and bipartisanship in a conversation with Ashli Watts, President and CEO of the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.