Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is America’s strength, spurring the innovation and creativity that have made the U.S. economy the most vibrant and dynamic in history. When businesses recognize and embrace different perspectives, they are better able to create value, serve customers, support employees, and solve problems. By providing opportunities for everyone, businesses help lift communities and strengthen the health, prosperity, and competitiveness of our nation and our society.
Read these first
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company's DNAIn 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionHow diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
VP Kamala Harris on Building a Sustainable and Equitable Future in the Americas
Vice President Kamala Harris spoke at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas about the role of policymakers in building a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future for all.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a business imperative. Guided by data and informed by conversations with business, government, academic, and civic leaders, the U.S. Chamber’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative (EOI) advances public and private sector solutions to help close opportunity gaps. Focusing on employment, entrepreneurship, education, and criminal justice, the EOI agenda aims to help all people—no matter their race or background—go as far and as high as their talent and hard work will take them.
Experts share ways organizations can retain and advance diverse talent in the workplace.
Small business advice from CO—
- EconomyState of American Business: ChicagoThursday, September 2906:30 AM EDT - 09:00 AM EDT
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Oct 16, 2021Customer Care Center Brings Opportunity to South Side Chicago
Discover is creating a 100,000+ square foot customer care center that will provide nearly 1,000 full-time jobs for the community.
- Oct 07, 2021More than 500 Organizations have signed on as partners to the Equality of Opportunity Initiative
In June 2020, the U.S. Chamber announced the national initiative to address inequality of opportunity. Since it launched, more than 500 state and local chambers of commerce and associations have stepped up to formally join the Equality of Opportunity Initiative. The Chamber and partners are powering a nationwide effort to advance economic inclusion across our society through business leadership.
- Sep 23, 2021Workplace Wellness
Wellness and chronic disease management programs in the workplace play a critical role in improving the nation's health and productivity.
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here’s how diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
- Sep 14, 2021Applications Now Open for the Coalition to Back Black Businesses 2021 Grant Program
On its second year, the Coalition will award about $2.8 million in total grants and resources to more than 400 Black small business owners to support their financial recovery and long-term growth
- Aug 20, 2021How Employers Can Build Career Pathways for Ex-Offenders Employers must look to underutilized pools of talent to find workers.
- Aug 18, 2021The Business Case for Criminal Justice Reform: Second Chance Hiring
This report explores the benefits to employers that hire formerly incarcerated individuals, identifies barriers to entry for those with criminal convictions, highlights programs and organizations working to break down these barriers, and discusses developments concerning state and federal legislation that supports second and fair chance hiring.
- Aug 11, 2021What Can Be Done to Address Maternal Healthcare Disparities? Private and public sector leaders discussed remedies to address these disparities.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress on S. 998 / H.R. 2453, the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 1749, "Reaching America's Rural Minority Businesses Act"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting S. 1749, the “Reaching America's Rural Minority Businesses Act.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.