Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is America’s strength, spurring the innovation and creativity that have made the U.S. economy the most vibrant and dynamic in history. When businesses recognize and embrace different perspectives, they are better able to create value, serve customers, support employees, and solve problems. By providing opportunities for everyone, businesses help lift communities and strengthen the health, prosperity, and competitiveness of our nation and our society.
Read these first
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company's DNAIn 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionHow diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
VP Kamala Harris on Building a Sustainable and Equitable Future in the Americas
Vice President Kamala Harris spoke at the Fourth CEO Summit of the Americas about the role of policymakers in building a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future for all.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a business imperative. Guided by data and informed by conversations with business, government, academic, and civic leaders, the U.S. Chamber’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative (EOI) advances public and private sector solutions to help close opportunity gaps. Focusing on employment, entrepreneurship, education, and criminal justice, the EOI agenda aims to help all people—no matter their race or background—go as far and as high as their talent and hard work will take them.
Experts share ways organizations can retain and advance diverse talent in the workplace.
Small business advice from CO—
- EconomyState of American Business: ChicagoThursday, September 2906:30 AM EDT - 09:00 AM EDT
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Feb 24, 2022Clark Atlanta University Graduate Reana Wilson Shares Her Perspective on Being a 2021 Next-Gen Scholar
The U.S. Chamber's Next-Gen Scholar program provides competitive internship opportunities for HBCU students.
- Feb 09, 2022Congressional Testimony: How Infrastructure can Bolster Inclusive Economic Growth
Rick C. Wade, Senior Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Outreach provides Congressional testimony on connecting Americans to prosperity.
- Jan 17, 2022Infrastructure Inclusion: A Tie That Can Bind America Together
The bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act provides a once-in-a-generation chance to close opportunity gaps that exist in our nation’s core infrastructure.
- Dec 15, 2021Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned Businesses
This report outlines current proposals that have been or could be introduced in policymaking channels that would help drive economic equality and create solutions that could serve as building blocks of success through improved access to capital for entrepreneurs of color.
- Nov 23, 2021How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
- Nov 03, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 3143, the "Resolving Sexual Assault and Harassment Disputes Act"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate supporting S. 3143, the “Resolving Sexual Assault and Harassment Disputes Act." This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard.
- Oct 26, 2021The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company’s DNA
As we prepare for 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”