Strategic Alliances and Outreach
Strategic Alliances and Outreach develops and implements programs and initiatives to help the Chamber create new business relationships and partnerships across diverse audiences.
- Mar 08, 2022Howard University Graduate Neema Mungai Shares How the Next-Gen Scholar Program Catapulted her Public Relations Career
Howard University graduate Neema Mungai shares her insights on how the U.S. Chamber's Next-Gen Scholar program prepared her for her current position working in public relations for Apple.
- Mar 03, 2022Bottom Line Construction & Development Builds New York Communities through Investment in Untapped Talent
Alexis McSween, founder and CEO of Bottom Line Construction and Development in New York, shares how her company is providing opportunities in underserved communities and building the next generation of construction leaders.
- Feb 24, 2022Clark Atlanta University Graduate Reana Wilson Shares Her Perspective on Being a 2021 Next-Gen Scholar
The U.S. Chamber's Next-Gen Scholar program provides competitive internship opportunities for HBCU students.
- Feb 09, 2022Congressional Testimony: How Infrastructure can Bolster Inclusive Economic Growth
Rick C. Wade, Senior Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Outreach provides Congressional testimony on connecting Americans to prosperity.
- Dec 15, 2021Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned Businesses
This report outlines current proposals that have been or could be introduced in policymaking channels that would help drive economic equality and create solutions that could serve as building blocks of success through improved access to capital for entrepreneurs of color.
- Oct 26, 2021The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company’s DNA
As we prepare for 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- Oct 16, 2021Customer Care Center Brings Opportunity to South Side Chicago
Discover is creating a 100,000+ square foot customer care center that will provide nearly 1,000 full-time jobs for the community.
- Oct 07, 2021More than 500 Organizations have signed on as partners to the Equality of Opportunity Initiative
In June 2020, the U.S. Chamber announced the national initiative to address inequality of opportunity. Since it launched, more than 500 state and local chambers of commerce and associations have stepped up to formally join the Equality of Opportunity Initiative. The Chamber and partners are powering a nationwide effort to advance economic inclusion across our society through business leadership.
- Aug 18, 2021The Business Case for Criminal Justice Reform: Second Chance Hiring
This report explores the benefits to employers that hire formerly incarcerated individuals, identifies barriers to entry for those with criminal convictions, highlights programs and organizations working to break down these barriers, and discusses developments concerning state and federal legislation that supports second and fair chance hiring.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress on S. 998 / H.R. 2453, the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.