Strategic Alliances and Outreach
Strategic Alliances and Outreach develops and implements programs and initiatives to help the Chamber create new business relationships and partnerships across diverse audiences.
- Oct 26, 2021The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company’s DNA As we prepare for 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”
- Oct 16, 2021Customer Care Center Brings Opportunity to South Side Chicago Discover is creating a 100,000+ square foot customer care center that will provide nearly 1,000 full-time jobs for the community.
- Oct 07, 2021More than 500 Organizations have signed on as partners to the Equality of Opportunity Initiative In June 2020, the U.S. Chamber announced the national initiative to address inequality of opportunity. Since it launched, more than 500 state and local chambers of commerce and associations have stepped up to formally join the Equality of Opportunity Initiative. The Chamber and partners are powering a nationwide effort to advance economic inclusion across our society through business leadership.
- Aug 18, 2021The Business Case for Criminal Justice Reform: Second Chance Hiring This report explores the benefits to employers that hire formerly incarcerated individuals, identifies barriers to entry for those with criminal convictions, highlights programs and organizations working to break down these barriers, and discusses developments concerning state and federal legislation that supports second and fair chance hiring.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress on S. 998 / H.R. 2453, the “Driving for Opportunity Act of 2021.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 1749, "Reaching America's Rural Minority Businesses Act" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting S. 1749, the “Reaching America's Rural Minority Businesses Act.” This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.
- Aug 02, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 1380, "Clean Slate Act of 2021" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate supporting S. 1380, the "Clean Slate Act of 2021." This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard and is part of the Equality of Opportunity Initiative.
- Jul 01, 2021A Conversation with Brett J. Hart, President of United Airlines Rick Wade, senior vice president of strategic alliances and outreach talks with president of United Airlines, Brett J. Hart.
- Jun 24, 2021Business Leaders Put Equality of Opportunity Solutions Into Action Business leaders, government leaders, small business owners, economists, and experts came together this week for the U.S. Chamber’s Second Annual Equality of Opportunity Summit to discuss challenges, share successes, and chart paths forward to ensure equality of opportunity for all.
- Jun 22, 2021Equality of Opportunity Pulse Survey This report is based on a survey of more than 30 organizations that are actively working to close the equity gap to understand how they feel their industry and the business community are doing to create equality of opportunity.