Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness
We break down barriers and shape policy that finances growth.
The Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness’ (CCMC) mission is to advance America’s global leadership in capital formation by supporting diverse capital markets that are the most fair, transparent, efficient, and innovative in the world.
CCMC advocates on behalf of American businesses to ensure that legislation and regulation strengthen our capital markets allowing businesses—from the local flower shop to a multinational manufacturer—to mitigate risks, manage liquidity, access credit, and raise capital.
- May 10, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Mark Uyeda to the SEC
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs supporting the nomination of Mark Uyeda to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- May 09, 2022Prohibition on Inclusion of Adverse Information in Consumer Reporting in Cases of Human Trafficking (Regulation V); 87 FR 20771
The Chamber provides comments on the inclusion of adverse information in consumer reporting in cases of Human Trafficking.
- Apr 20, 2022Attacks on Common Ownership Could Harm Entrepreneurship and Economic Competitiveness
The practice of common ownership both promotes stability and improves the performance of publicly traded companies.
- Apr 20, 2022The CFPB Under Rohit Chopra is Harming Competition and Consumer Choice
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is departing from its core responsibilities by attempting to regulate market competition, shunning procedural requirements under the Administrative Procedure Act, and devising new enforcement powers for the Director.
- Apr 11, 2022Trade Associations Comments on the CFPB RFI on Fees
Financial trade associations comments in response to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB)’s Request for Information Regarding Fees Imposed by Providers of Consumer Financial Products or Services.
- Apr 08, 2022Rules of Practice for Adjudication Proceedings; Docket No. CFPB-2022-0009.
The Chamber's letter on the Rules of Practice for Adjudication Proceedings sent to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on April 8, 2022.
- Apr 06, 2022How Stock Buybacks Promote Efficiency and Strong Capital Markets
Share repurchases promote strong U.S. capital markets and benefit everyday Americans and retirement account holders.
- Apr 05, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the JOBS Act
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act.
- Apr 04, 2022Request for Information Regarding Fees Imposed by Providers of Consumer Financial Products or Services; Docket No. CFPB-2022- 0003, 87 FR 5801
This letter requesting information regarding fees imposed by Providers of Consumer Financial Products or Services was sent on April 4, 2022.