Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness
We break down barriers and shape policy that finances growth.
The Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness’ (CCMC) mission is to advance America’s global leadership in capital formation by supporting diverse capital markets that are the most fair, transparent, efficient, and innovative in the world.
CCMC advocates on behalf of American businesses to ensure that legislation and regulation strengthen our capital markets allowing businesses—from the local flower shop to a multinational manufacturer—to mitigate risks, manage liquidity, access credit, and raise capital.
- Dec 07, 2021Here’s What You Need to Know About the CFPB’S Small Business Data Collection The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is preparing to collect new data from small businesses applying for credit. The new requirements come with privacy concerns and could make access to credit costlier.
- Nov 19, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022 This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate on the substitute amendment to S. 2792, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022."
- Nov 16, 2021How Bank Mergers Promote Competition Bank mergers help drive innovation and access to products and services for consumers. But proposed legislation could stifle deals at a time when new technologies and entrants are creating more competition than ever before.
- Nov 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on a Markup on November 16 in the House Financial Services Committee This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Committee on Financial Services on four bills to be considered during a markup on Tuesday, November 16.
- Nov 10, 2021Why Selling Your Business Might Get Harder Proposed antitrust legislation could impact the ability of everyone from individual entrepreneurs to multi-million-dollar companies to be acquired.
- Nov 03, 2021Statement on the SEC's Revised Guidance for Shareholder Proposals Statement on the SEC's Revised Guidance for Shareholder Proposals
- Oct 28, 20213 Things You Need to Know About Stock Buybacks Here are three things to know about stock buybacks, according to a recent report from the U.S. Chamber’s Center for Capital Market Competitiveness.
- Oct 25, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the "Prohibiting IRS Financial Surveillance Act" This Hill letter was sent to Senator Tim Scott on the "Prohibiting IRS Financial Surveillance Act."