There are more than 30 million small businesses in the U.S., employing nearly half of the entire American workforce. Through their resilience, drive, and creativity, these small businesses fuel the American economy. They build careers, power innovations, and serve communities across the country.
Read these first
- Shopping Small Benefits More Than Just Local BusinessesAll signs point to high consumer demand this holiday season and this year is more important than ever to shop small. But shoppers should spend their dollars with kindness and understanding as small businesses face unique challenges in the wake of the pandemic.
- The State of Small Business NowWhat you need to know about small business in America, including the latest data on hiring trends, vaccine mandates, and more.
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
Some provisions being discussed for inclusion in the reconciliation bill could increase costs, punish entrepreneurs, and create unnecessary fines that small businesses cannot afford.
The Chamber’s Small Business Council supports and fights for policies that keep Main Street businesses thriving and workforce vibrant. This includes advocating for a tax and regulatory environment that helps—not hurts—small business owners to create jobs and serve our communities and economy.
Experts share ways for entrepreneurs to plan for their financial future, especially in the post-pandemic world, including better understanding revenue drivers and knowing the power of investments.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Sep 23, 2021Meet the 3 Small Businesses in the Running for the Women-Owned Business Achievement Award The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s annual Dream Big Awards, presented by Spectrum Reach, celebrate the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth. Each year, the U.S. Chamber recognizes a women-owned small business that has attained outstanding business achievement and exemplifies the significant contributions made by women-owned businesses in the country.
- Sep 16, 2021The State of Small Business Now What you need to know about small business in America, including the latest data on hiring trends, vaccine mandates, and more.
- Sep 15, 2021Meet the 2021 Dream Big Finalists: Community Support and Leadership Award The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s annual Dream Big Awards, presented by Spectrum Reach, celebrate the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth.
- Sep 15, 2021Meet the 3 Small Businesses Competing for 2021 Small Business of the Year Each of the three finalists for Small Business of the Year exemplify the spirit of innovation, entrepreneurship, and individual initiative.
- Sep 14, 2021Small Business Owners More Cautious About Future Plans as Delta Variant Cases Rise, New Poll Shows WASHINGTON, D.C. — With the Delta variant causing a rise in COVID-19 cases, small business owners are showing increasing caution when it comes to future plans for hiring and investing in their business, according to a poll taken July 16 – 30, 2021, and released today by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife.
- Sep 14, 2021Applications Now Open for the Coalition to Back Black Businesses 2021 Grant Program On its second year, the Coalition will award about $2.8 million in total grants and resources to more than 400 Black small business owners to support their financial recovery and long-term growth
- Sep 13, 2021New Poll Shows Small Businesses Turning More Cautious The Q3 2021 MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index (SBI) finds that small business owners are increasingly cautious.
- Sep 13, 2021Tech Policies that Help Small Businesses Thrive Operating a small business during the pandemic is undoubtedly difficult but technology is helping companies stay afloat and thrive by adopting new business models. Take, for example, Reef Technology which is helping restaurants build Neighborhood kitchens in places like unused parking lots that help restaurants meet increased demand for delivery and connect them when gig economy companies serve their guests.
- Sep 01, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Announces Finalists for Annual Dream Big Awards Finalists chosen from a record 1,000+ applicants; will be recognized during Annual Small Business Awards Program
- Jul 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on Extension of the Eviction Moratorium This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, opposing an extension of the CDC's moratorium on evictions.