There are more than 30 million small businesses in the U.S., employing nearly half of the entire American workforce. Through their resilience, drive, and creativity, these small businesses fuel the American economy. They build careers, power innovations, and serve communities across the country.
Read these first
- Shopping Small Benefits More Than Just Local BusinessesAll signs point to high consumer demand this holiday season and this year is more important than ever to shop small. But shoppers should spend their dollars with kindness and understanding as small businesses face unique challenges in the wake of the pandemic.
- The State of Small Business NowWhat you need to know about small business in America, including the latest data on hiring trends, vaccine mandates, and more.
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
Some provisions being discussed for inclusion in the reconciliation bill could increase costs, punish entrepreneurs, and create unnecessary fines that small businesses cannot afford.
The Chamber’s Small Business Council supports and fights for policies that keep Main Street businesses thriving and workforce vibrant. This includes advocating for a tax and regulatory environment that helps—not hurts—small business owners to create jobs and serve our communities and economy.
Experts share ways for entrepreneurs to plan for their financial future, especially in the post-pandemic world, including better understanding revenue drivers and knowing the power of investments.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Oct 21, 2021U.S. Chamber Names 2021 Small Business of the Year Boston wine store expanding access to wine industry wins $25,000 cash prize
- Oct 13, 2021Meet the Finalists: Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award The Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award recognizes a small business focused on sustainability as a key part of their business
- Oct 13, 2021Supporting Local Chambers Means Supporting Local Businesses Local Chambers of Commerce are our nation’s strongest small business advocates, providing a voice for thousands of communities across America. When businesses succeed, communities succeed, and local chambers are there every step of the way empowering businesses to grow and thrive even in the most challenging of circumstances. That’s why the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is proud to celebrate “Support Your Local Chamber Day” on October 20th.
- Oct 11, 2021Meet the Finalists: Veteran-Owned Business Achievement The Veteran-Owned Business Achievement Award recognizes a small business founded or owned by veterans.
- Oct 01, 2021Meet the 3 Small Businesses Nominated for the 2021 LGBTQ-Owned Business Achievement Award The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s annual Dream Big Awards, presented by Spectrum Reach, celebrate the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth.
- Sep 29, 2021Meet the Finalists: Young Entrepreneur Achievement Award This award goes to a small business owner aged between 14 and 30 who has attained outstanding business achievement.
- Sep 29, 2021Meet the Finalists: Minority-Owned Business Achievement Award Introducing this year’s Dream Big Minority-Owned Small Business Achievement Award finalists, presented by MetLife.
- Sep 28, 2021Meet the Finalists: Emerging Business Achievement Award The Emerging Business Achievement Award recognizes a start-up company that has attained outstanding business achievement.