With Americans living longer, healthier, and more active lives, retirement planning and saving are more important than ever. Through employer-sponsored retirement plans, businesses can provide benefits to help support the long-term financial security of their employees.
The aging population is one of the largest demographics in the U.S. and accounts for a number of economic shifts. Here are four ways aging is changing in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Chamber works to make it easier for employers to provide retirement plans and financial wellness programs for their employees. Working closely with leaders on Capitol Hill and key federal agencies, we advocate for legislation and regulations that ease administrative burdens and promote innovation in plans and services.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Aug 31, 2020Coalition Comment Letter to Treasury and IRS re: Contribution Due Date Under CARES ACT Section 3608 Mr. Stephen TackneyDeputy Associate Chief CounselTax Exempt and Government Entities [TE/GE]Office of the Associate Chief Counsel (Employee Benefits, Exempt Organizations, and EmploymentTaxes)Internal Revenue Service1111 Constitution Ave NWWashington, DC 20224 RE: Contribution Due Date Under CARES ACT Section 360 8 Dear Mr. Tackney:
- Jul 22, 2020Comments to DOL Regarding Prohibited Transactions Involving Pooled Employer Plans. Office of Regulations and Interpretations, Employee Benefit Security AdministrationRoom N -5655U.S. Department of Labor200 Constitution Avenue NWWashington, DC 20201 Re: Prohibited Transactions Involving Pooled Employer Plans Under the SECURE Act andOther Multiple Employer Plans –RIN: 1210 –ZA28 To Whom It May Concern:
- May 15, 2020Neil Bradley OpEd: Pension Reform - Don't let inaction ruin the recovery Pension reform: Don't let inaction ruin the recovery Neil Bradley – The Hill
- May 13, 2020Coalition Letter Regarding Single Employer Funding Relief May 13, 2020 TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS:
- May 01, 2020Letter to OMB Supporting DOL's Proposed Rule Regarding Default Electronic Disclosure by Employee Pension Benefit Plans The Honorable Russ VoughtActing DirectorThe Office of Management and Budget725 17 th Street, NWWashington, DC 20503 Re: Support for the DOL’s Final Rule Regarding Default Electronic Disclosureby Employee Pension Benefit Plans Under ERI SA, RIN1210 -AB90 Dear Acting Director Vought:
- Apr 03, 2020Letter to Treasury, IRS, DOL, and PBGC on Benefit Reporting Requirements April 3, 2020
- Jan 21, 2020Comments on Proposed Multiemployer Pension Recapitalization and Reform Plan January 21, 2020 Dear Chairmen Grassley and Alexander,
- Jan 09, 20202020 State of American Business Speech: A Year of Meaningful Action U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 9, 2020.