With Americans living longer, healthier, and more active lives, retirement planning and saving are more important than ever. Through employer-sponsored retirement plans, businesses can provide benefits to help support the long-term financial security of their employees.
The aging population is one of the largest demographics in the U.S. and accounts for a number of economic shifts. Here are four ways aging is changing in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Chamber works to make it easier for employers to provide retirement plans and financial wellness programs for their employees. Working closely with leaders on Capitol Hill and key federal agencies, we advocate for legislation and regulations that ease administrative burdens and promote innovation in plans and services.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalCEO Summit of the AmericasWednesday, June 08 - Thursday, June 0908:00 AM EDT - 06:00 PM EDT
- InternationalUSIBC 2022 Technology Summit - Innovation Fueled ProsperityTuesday, June 21 - Thursday, June 2312:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- InternationalU.S. Chamber of Commerce Delegation to Israel's Cyber WeekSunday, June 26 - Thursday, June 3012:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- Sep 29, 2021Comments to IRS on Remote Notorization
Read our comments to the Internal Revenue Service on Permanent Relief for Remote Witnessing Procedures.
- Aug 27, 2021Testimony to DOL's ERISA Advisory Council on Gaps in Retirement Savings
On August 27, the Chamber's Vice President of Retirement Policy, Chantel Sheaks, testified to the 2021 Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans on Gaps in Retirement Savings Based on Race, Ethnicity and Gender.
- Aug 10, 2021Coalition Comments to PBGC on the Special Financial Assistance Program for Financially Troubled Multiemployer Plans
Read this coalition comment letter to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation on the Interim Final Regulation (IFR) relating to the Special Financial Assistance (SFA) for troubled multiemployer plans that was part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
- Jun 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 4054, "Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act"
This Hill letter was sent to Representatives Ron Kind and Mike Kelly and the Members of the House Committee on Ways and Means, supporting H.R. 4054, the "Tribal Tax and Investment Reform Act."
- Jun 24, 2021Testimony to DOL's ERISA Advisory Council
This testimony was presented to the 2021 Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans Meeting on “Understanding Brokerage Windows in Self-Directed Retirement Plans.”
- May 13, 2021Raising the Capital Gains Tax: Who Does it Really Hurt?
The Biden Administration's proposed tax increases ignore the millions of Americans who will pay the price of the proposed tax increases.
- Apr 23, 2021Comments to IRS on Permanent Relief for Remote Witnessing Procedures
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: CC:PA:LPD:PR (Notice 2021-03)
P.O. Box 7604
Ben Franklin Station Washington, DC 20044