Combating climate change requires citizens, governments, and businesses to work together. Inaction is simply not an option. American businesses play a vital role in creating innovative solutions and reducing greenhouse gases to protect our planet. A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come.
Top Takeaways from the U.S. Chamber’s 2023 State of American Business Address
This year’s State of American Business speech sets out an 'Agenda for American Strength': an aspirational and forward-looking plan to set up the country and its business community for long-term success.
- Resilience Should Be on the Climate AgendaInvestments, policies, and programs focused on resilience and pre-disaster mitigation offer an opportunity for a more comprehensive and strategic approach to safeguarding communities across the nation.
- The American Energy and Climate ImperativeThe U.S. is positioned to meet the world's growing energy needs by leveraging the power of the business community in partnership with government.
- The Future of Clean Energy in the AmericasBusiness and government leaders from across the Western Hemisphere joined together to discuss the transition of energy and the future of energy security in the Americas.
The U.S. Chamber believes that there is much common ground on which all sides of this discussion could come together to address climate change with policies that are practical, flexible, predictable, and durable. We believe in a policy approach that is supported by market-based solutions, developed through bipartisan legislation in Congress, and acknowledges the costs of action and inaction and the competitiveness of the U.S. economy. We work with policymakers to forge climate solutions and engage in the United Nations COP on behalf of the business community.
Public-private partnerships for climate change solutions should prioritize resiliency, be economically sound, and reduce emissions across the value chain.
- Improving GovernmentDigital Transformation SummitThursday, February 0210:00 AM EST - 04:30 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion13th Annual International Women’s Day ForumMonday, March 06 - Tuesday, March 0708:00 AM EST - 06:00 PM EST
- InternationalAACCLA's Outlook on the Americas ConferenceTuesday, March 07 - Wednesday, March 0812:00 AM EST - 12:00 AM EST
- Oct 11, 2021Genentech is a biotechnology company dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. As such, the company understands that the climate crisis and the health of its patients and business are inextricably linked.