At the Chamber, you will obtain a hands-on, meaningful work experience designed to meet your academic and career goals. Our internships offer opportunities in research, writing, database management, policy, communications, and event preparation.
During the internship, you will network with colleagues and senior-level executives while participating in educational and professional activities designed to enhance your internship experience.
Applications are now closed for our Fall 2022 Internship Program. Please check back in November for information about our Spring 2023 internships.
Internship Program Overview
The Chamber Internship Program is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn at the world’s largest business organization. In addition to directly supporting a team in the organization, interns have an opportunity to participate in a variety of programming that will help build professional skills and networks:
- Intern Orientation – Get to know more about the Chamber and connect with other interns in the program.
- Resume Workshop – Learn how to craft a standout resume and cover letter for your career next steps.
- Business Writing Workshop – Learn how to communicate effectively through email, memoranda, and more in a professional environment.
- Networking Events – Connect with managers and senior leadership from across the Chamber as they share tips and tricks learned throughout their careers.
- Intern Farewell – Celebrate and reflect on your achievements in the program with other interns from the program.
Next-Gen Scholars Program
The Next-Gen Scholars program exposes students from historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions to the world of business, public policy, government affairs and advocacy through summer internships at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, member companies and trade associations, thereby contributing to the development of the next generation of diverse business leaders.
To be eligible for the Next-Gen Scholars program, you must be currently enrolled in an HBCU or other minority-serving institution.
Applications for the Summer 2022 Next-Gen Scholars Program are now closed. Please check back in February 2023 for information about our Summer 2023 internships.