We are pleased to offer an outstanding and substantive internship program for the nation’s best and brightest young leaders. At the Chamber, you will obtain a hands-on, meaningful work experience designed to meet your academic and career goals. Our internships offer opportunities in research, writing, database management, policy, communications, and event preparation. During the internship, you will network with colleagues and senior-level executives while participating in educational and professional activities designed to enhance your internship experience.
The health and safety of our employees and our community is a top priority as we navigate the coronavirus pandemic. Throughout all of this, we have continued to serve our members, advocate for businesses, and support our communities. This will be a hybrid internship and will be conducted in-person in our Washington D.C. offices and remotely. Applicants may select either monetary compensation or academic credit.
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Internship Program. Applications for the Fall 2021 Internship Program are now closed. Please check back in the fall for the Spring 2022 application.
Next-Gen Scholars Program
The Next-Gen Scholars program exposes students from historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions to the world of business, public policy, government affairs and advocacy through Summer internships at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, member companies and trade associations, thereby contributing to the development of the next generation of diverse business leaders. To be eligible for the Next-Gen Scholars program, you must be currently enrolled in an HBCU or other minority-serving institution.
Applications for the 2021 Next-Gen Scholars Program are now closed. Please check back in Spring 2022.
Internship Program Overview
- Welcome lunch and orientation
- Lunch and learn: a luncheon series that provides interns with multiple opportunities to converse with and seek the advice of senior-level Chamber executives;
- Resume and Interview Workshop: a workshop designated to enhancing your resume writing, cover letter writing and interviewing skills
- Virtual Networking Events
- Farewell Reception
How to Apply
To apply for the 2021 Internship Program please follow the below steps:
- View our current openings below and select up to two department preferences.
- Once you have selected which departments you wish to apply for, send your resume and completed application (located below) to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of your email, indicate the two internship positions that you are applying for. For example: "International Affairs intern and Policy Intern".