The U.S.-Turkey Business Council (USTBC) and the American-Turkish Council (ATC) combined is the premiere for dialogue and engagement between American and Turkish business and government decision-makers. Through the Council, American and Turkish companies collaborate to establish partnerships and advocate for economic, legal, and political policies that expand bilateral trade between the United States and Turkey, open new markets to foreign direct investment, and create employment opportunities in both countries.
The Council leads advocacy efforts to create an environment conducive to economic growth, foster commercial opportunities, and encourage and enable private sector investment in Turkey.
The Council seeks to establish several modes of communication by generating discussions between both the U.S. and Turkish governments. The Chamber regularly hosts high-profile events and policy forums to encourage further dialogue on challenges and opportunities for both the public and private sectors. The Council primarily focuses on identifying potential partners for small and medium-sized exporters, advocating for preferential access of Turkish goods into the U.S. market, revising the bilateral investment treaty and defending intellectual property rights.
Access to Information
Turkey is a burgeoning center for the information technology, healthcare, tourism, energy and education industries. Moreover, Turkey is well positioned to serve as a hub for business engagement in third countries. The Council works to examin and educate American companies about investment opportunities in Turkey and its region through economic impact studies.
The Council devotes significant attention and resources to advocating for the needs of our member companies. Our initiative helps the American business community navigate through the nuances of Turkish policy and expand business opportunities within the country. Additionally, Turkey is a premiere tourist destination with a dynamic economy ready for trade and investment. The Council serves as a key advocate to expand both the American and Turkish marketplace.
The U.S.-Turkey Business Council has several membership levels to choose from. If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Council, please contact Jennifer Miel, Executive Director of the U.S.-Turkey Business Council.
Board of Directors
- Customized advocacy counsel for trade and commercial issues with Turkey;
- Seat on the Council’s Board of Directors and priority access to Council’s leadership;
- Leadership role in setting the strategic direction of the U.S.-Turkey Business Council;
- Opportunity to Chair Sector-Specific Working Group;
- Priority invitations and leadership opportunities for briefings, bilateral meetings, and exclusive programs with senior Turkish and U.S. government officials;
- All Executive Member benefits.
- In-country expertise and on-the-ground government affairs support from Istanbul Office;
- Business intelligence on policy environment for sector and cross-cutting industries;
- Advocacy counsel for trade and commercial issues with Turkey;
- Priority seating for up to 3 company representatives at all events
- Priority invitation for briefings, bilateral meetings and events with Turkish and U.S. government officials;
- All Standard Corporate Member Servicing level benefits.
Standard Corporate Member
- Opportunities to engage in members-only events and trade missions;
- Input into Council Policy Position Papers and Reports;
- Participation in sector-specific working groups;
- Business intelligence services and on-the-ground support from our office in Istanbul;
- Networking through plenary meetings and briefings.