Agriculture and Food Safety
To feed a growing population in the United States and around the world, America’s food supply must be abundant, affordable, and safe. The U.S. Chamber works with and on behalf of the entire industry to advance a secure, efficient, and reliable consumer food supply chain to nourish people and support healthy communities.
Representative David Valadao shares his thoughts on working across the aisle to find policy solutions that support the U.S. agriculture industry.
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Aug 10, 2022Coalition Letter on Food Packaging and PFAS
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, on an amendment offered to S. 4348, the “Food and Drug Administration Safety and Landmark Advancement Act," related to food packaging and PFAS.
- Jun 15, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Hearing, "Baby Formula and Beyond: The Impact of Consolidation on Families and Consumers"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Competition Policy, Antitrust, and Consumer Rights, on the hearing, “Baby Formula and Beyond: The Impact of Consolidation on Families and Consumers.”
- Jan 18, 2022Hill Letter on a Hearing Related to Competition and America's Food Supply
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on the Judiciary, on a hearing entitled, "Reviving Competition, Part 5: Addressing the Effects of Economic Concentration on America’s Food Supply."
- Sep 23, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on a Hearing on Voluntary Carbon Markets
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Agriculture, on a hearing entitled, "Voluntary Carbon Markets in Agriculture and Forestry." This letter also reiterates our support for S. 1251, the "Growing Climate Solutions Act."
- Mar 17, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Immigration Legislation
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 6, the "American Dream and Promise Act," and H.R. 1603, the "Farm Workforce Modernization Act."
- Jan 09, 2020Donohue: 'Engaging with the world is our best strategy for strong national security and lasting prosperity'
Today U.S. Chamber CEO Thomas J. Donohue cautioned that the United States must continue to engage on the world stage or risk being left behind in his annual State of American Business Address.
- Dec 11, 2019U.S. Chamber Key Vote Alert! on H.R. 5038, "Farm Workforce Modernization Act"
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 5038, the "Farm Workforce Modernization Act."
- Nov 25, 2019We Give Thanks for American Farmers, Ranchers
Expanded export trade under USMCA benefits American farmers and ranchers, who provide our Thanksgiving favorites year over year.
- Oct 30, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on the Farm Workforce Modernization Act
This Hill letter was sent to the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting the Farm Workforce Modernization Act.