Agriculture and Food Safety
To feed a growing population in the United States and around the world, America’s food supply must be abundant, affordable, and safe. The U.S. Chamber works with and on behalf of the entire industry to advance a secure, efficient, and reliable consumer food supply chain to nourish people and support healthy communities.
Representative David Valadao shares his thoughts on working across the aisle to find policy solutions that support the U.S. agriculture industry.
- Climate ChangeBuilding Momentum to COP27: Public-Private Collaboration on ClimateMonday, January 24 - Tuesday, January 2509:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Employment LawDeterring Human TraffickingMonday, January 2401:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- EconomySOAB 2022 — Competition in the Marketplace: Ensuring a Level Playing Field for BusinessTuesday, January 2511:00 AM EST - 12:00 PM EST
- Jan 18, 2022Hill Letter on a Hearing Related to Competition and America's Food Supply This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on the Judiciary, on a hearing entitled, "Reviving Competition, Part 5: Addressing the Effects of Economic Concentration on America’s Food Supply."
- Sep 23, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on a Hearing on Voluntary Carbon Markets This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Agriculture, on a hearing entitled, "Voluntary Carbon Markets in Agriculture and Forestry." This letter also reiterates our support for S. 1251, the "Growing Climate Solutions Act."
- Mar 17, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on Immigration Legislation This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 6, the "American Dream and Promise Act," and H.R. 1603, the "Farm Workforce Modernization Act."
- Jan 09, 2020Donohue: 'Engaging with the world is our best strategy for strong national security and lasting prosperity' Today U.S. Chamber CEO Thomas J. Donohue cautioned that the United States must continue to engage on the world stage or risk being left behind in his annual State of American Business Address.
- Dec 11, 2019U.S. Chamber Key Vote Alert! on H.R. 5038, "Farm Workforce Modernization Act" This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 5038, the "Farm Workforce Modernization Act."
- Nov 25, 2019We Give Thanks for American Farmers, Ranchers Expanded export trade under USMCA benefits American farmers and ranchers, who provide our Thanksgiving favorites year over year.
- Oct 30, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on the Farm Workforce Modernization Act This Hill letter was sent to the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting the Farm Workforce Modernization Act.
- Oct 30, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 3055 This Hill letter was sent to the United States Senate, on H.R. 3055, the Commerce, Justice, Science, Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, Interior, Environment, Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development Appropriations Act of 2020.
- Oct 21, 2019Des Moines Agriculture Innovations are Changing the World The relevance of emerging technologies cannot be emphasized enough when it comes to agriculture in 21st century Africa.