From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
A lawsuit claiming that Jelly Belly “deceived” a woman about the sugar in its Sport Beans product – despite a clear content label on its packaging – tops the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform’s (ILR) list of the Top 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2017.
“Lawsuits like these may be a dream come true for late night comedians, but the toll that abusive litigation takes on our society is no joke,” said ILR President Lisa A. Rickard.
The Top 10 Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2017 were determined based on the 10 most popular stories featured on FacesOfLawsuitAbuse.org:
- ‘Deceived’ by Jelly Beans, Woman Files Lawsuit Against Jelly Belly (San Bernardino County, California)
- Man Sues Uber for Ruining His Marriage (France)
- ‘Time Clock’ Lawsuit Filed Against Starbucks (California)
- Man Trips Over Christmas Tree, Sues (New Milford, New Jersey)
- Negligent Handshake Leads to Lawsuit (Palm Beach County, Florida)
- Woman Sues Restaurant After Falling Off Popular Donkey Statue (Tallahassee, Florida)
- Class Action Lawsuit Over ‘Fake Butter’ (Worcester, Massachusetts)
- Man Sues Date for Texting During Movie (Austin, Texas)
- 15-Year-Old Sues Mom for Confiscating Phone (Spain)
- Woman Sues U.S. Government Over Nacho Cheese Burn (Wichita Falls, Texas)
Editor's note: This originally appeared on the Institute for Legal Reform's website.