From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
On Thursday, February 6, the house passed H.R.2474 – the Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act. As we’ve highlighted before, the supporters of this bill hope to rewrite U.S. labor policy to give carte blanche to union leaders, in the process harming workers, employers and the economy.
The vote was mostly party line with the exception of seven Democrats who deserve thanks for standing up against the PRO Act:
- Representative Henry Cuellar (TX-28)
- Representative Joe Cunningham (SC-1)
- Representative Kendra Horn (OK-5)
- Representative Ben McAdams (UT-4)
- Representative Lucy McBath (GA-6)
- Representative Stephanie Murphy (FL-7)
- Representative Kurt Schrader (OR-5)
The Senate is highly unlikely to take up the PRO Act this year. However, voters should remind their representatives of the harm this bill would cause, and encourage their senators not to co-sponsor.