From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
2018 Emerging Technologies and Torts of the Future
Join the Institute for Legal Reform (ILR) and the U.S. Chamber Technology Engagement Center (C_TEC) on Wednesday, April 18, in Seattle, WA, as we explore emerging technologies and the impact of liability issues on innovation.
America’s thriving technology sector is leading the world in innovation, but emerging technologies face challenging legal hurdles. Reactionary regulations and new avenues for litigation can do potential long-term damage to businesses and the economy.
Welcome Remarks by: Harold Kim, Executive Vice President, U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform
The Road | TED Talk on AV
- David Tressier, Senior Counsel, Waymo LLC
The Sky | Panel Discussion on UAS
- Brent Hoffman, Senior Vice President, XL Catlin
- Reggie Govan, Former Chief Counsel, FAA
Moderated by: Tim Day, Senior Vice President, U.S. Chamber Technology Engagement Center
The Future | TED Talk on Venture Capitalism and Tech Trends
- Matt McIlwain, Managing Director, Madrona Venture Group
The Body | Panel Discussion on Technology in Health
- Meghan Gaffney Buck, Founder and CEO, VEDA Data Solutions
- Nick Desai, Co-Founder, Heal
- Rick Desimone, Managing Director, Desimone Consulting Group
Moderated by: Robert McKenna, Partner, Orrick and Former Washington State Attorney General
The Phone | Interview on the TCPA
- Leigh R. Schachter, Assistant General Counsel – Litigation, Verizon Wireless
Interviewed by: Mark Brennan, Partner, Hogan Lovells
The Brain | Panel Discussion on Artificial Intelligence
- Caroline McCaffrey, General Counsel and Vice President of Business Affairs, Clarifai, Inc.
- Donna Haddad, Special Counsel, IBM
- Michael O’Brien, Partner, Wilson Elser
Moderated by: Tom Pierson, President & CEO, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber
The Network | Conversation on Blockchain
- Amy Davine Kim, Global Policy Director & General Counsel, Chamber of Digital Commerce
- Evan Daniels, Assistant Attorney General, State of Arizona
The Horizon | TED Talk on What’s Next
- Ryan Calo, School of Law Associate Professor, University of Washington