Join global investors and U.S. stakeholders at the 3rd Annual Invest in America! Summit to discuss the benefits and challenges of foreign investment in the U.S. This event will facilitate new partnerships by convening private and public representatives from over 40 states and 50 countries with investors looking to participate in the enormous and diverse growth-oriented American economy.
Last year's Summit featured Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin, and numerous state level representatives including Texas Secretary of State Rolando Pablos and Rhode Island Secretary of Commerce Stefan Pryor. The 2018 Invest in America! Summit looks to grow this impressive history with six Governors now committed to participate.
Scroll down for more information about this year's agenda and speakers.
7:30 a.m. Registration Opens & Networking Breakfast (Location: Front Lobby & Briefing Center)
8:30 a.m. Welcome Keynote Remarks—Senator Orrin Hatch
Introduction: Rob Schroder, Senior Vice President, International Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
9:00 a.m. Innovative Ways to Improve America’s Infrastructure
Moderator: Ed Mortimer, Executive Director, Transportation Infrastructure, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Rick Niu, President & CEO, Starr Strategic Holdings LLC
- Mark O’Connell, CEO, OCO Global
- Tom Osborne, Executive Director - Infrastructure, IFM Investors
- Scott Sherin, VP, Marketing & Strategy, Alstom
9:45 a.m. Networking Break
10:00 a.m. Invest in America!—Moderated Discussion with Governors
Moderator: Nancy McLernon, President & CEO, Organization for International Investment
- Governor Jeff Colyer, Kansas
- Governor Rick Snyder, Michigan
10:45 a.m. Partnering to Build Opportunity—The States Are Open for Business!
Moderator: Sara Armstrong, Vice President, Political Affairs & Federation Relations, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- David Máthé, Export Trade Director, Delaware
- Scott Pattison, Executive Director & CEO, National Governors Association
11:15 a.m. Networking Break & Lunch
12:45 p.m. Administration Update—Moderated Discussion with Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin
Moderator: John Bussey, Associate Editor, The Wall Street Journal
1:15 p.m. Invest in America!—Moderated Discussion with Governors
Moderator: Laura Lane, President, Global Affairs, UPS
- Governor Matt Bevin, Kentucky
- Governor Phil Bryant, Mississippi
- Governor Paul R. LePage, Maine
- Governor John Hickenlooper, Colorado
2:00 p.m. Closing Remarks from Rob Schroder
3:00 p.m. Program Concludes