On April 7, 2016, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will be hosting an event, Innovations in Workplace and Community Wellness: Aligning Business Goals With a Healthy Workforce. The event is being co-sponsored with the American College of Preventive Medicine and Pfizer.
At the forum, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will be unveiling a publication, “Winning with Wellness.” The report discusses the characteristics of successful and effective workplace wellness programs, how workplace wellness can be a win-win for employers and employees, and the legal and regulatory parameters associated with these programs.
Speakers will discuss:
- the linkage between health and performance;
- impact of federal regulations on wellness programs;
- and strategies to influence behavior change.
The forum will also address policies that address total health (physical, financial, spiritual, mental, etc.) For additional details, please see the event agenda.
Keynotes and Presentation Materials
- Dee Edington, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, University of Michigan, and Founder and CEO of Edington Associates, LLC (Presentation Materials)
- Ronald Loeppke, M.D., M.P.H., FACOEM, FACPM, Chairman, U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc. (Presentation Materials)
- James O. Prochaska, Ph.D., Director, Cancer Prevention Research Center and the Professor of Clinical and Health Psychology, The University of Rhode Island and Founder, Pro-Change Behavior Systems, Inc. (Presentation Materials)
Speakers and Presentation Materials
- Michael Barry, CAE, Executive Director, American College of Preventive Medicine
- Becky Brosche, National Employer Director, Pfizer
- Amy M. Gordon, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP (Presentation Materials)
- Randel Johnson, Senior Vice President, Labor, Immigration, and Employee Benefits Division, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Presentation Materials)
- Jason Lang, MPH, MS, Team Lead, Workplace Health Program Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Presentation Materials)
- Lawrence Z. Lorber, Senior Counsel, Seyfarth Shaw (Presentation Materials)
- Anne Marie Ludovici-Connolly, M.S., President, AMLC Corporate Health & Behavior Change Consulting, LLC (Presentation Materials)
- Katie Mahoney, Executive Director, Health Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Jane Newman, RN, MPH, National Employer Director, Pfizer
- Peter Plamann, Vice President of Innovation Growth, UnitedHealthcare (Presentation Materials)
- J.D. Piro, Senior Vice President, National Practice Leader, Health & Benefits Legal Consulting Group, Aon Hewitt (Presentation Materials)
- Tom Richards, Director of Corporate Engagement, American College on Exercise
- Louise J. Short, M.D., Ms.C., Partner, Mercer Health & Benefits (Presentation Materials)