On Thursday, July 19th, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce will host a morning conference titled Raising Retirement at our headquarters from 8:00am-12:00pm (ET). The event will highlight current successes of the private retirement system and will focus on regulatory and practical solutions that increase retirement plan coverage by small business plan sponsors, promote portable benefits, and explore other benefits that can help workers stay on track for retirement.
The conference will feature leaders from the business community as well as federal government officials, including members of Congress and agency leaders, who have been working to promote policies and practices that raise retirement readiness. The agenda will consist of both keynote addresses and panel discussions that will explore:
- Policies and proposals aimed at increasing retirement plan sponsorship by small business owners.
- Options for raising retirement plan coverage and savings for mobile workers including young workers, gig workers, and others through the use of portable benefit
- How employers can help employees keep their retirement savings plan on track when there are competing financial tensions.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- The Honorable Mike Kelly (R-PA), U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Preston Rutledge, Assistant Secretary of Labor, Employee Benefits Security Administration
- Scott Astrada, Director of Federal Advocacy, Center for Responsible Lending
- Evan Avila, Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement 2018 iOme Challenge Winner
- Phil Bongiorno, Executive Director, Home Care Association of America
- Janet Boyd, Director of Government Relations and Legislative Counsel, The Dow Chemical Company
- Paula Calimafde, Chair, Small Business Council of America
- Jeanne de Cervens, Vice President, Federal Government Affairs, Transamerica
- Paul Davidson, Director, Human Resource Services, PayChex
- Joshua Dietch, Vice President and Group Manager, Retirement & Financial Education, T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- Dave Gray, Head of Retirement Products and Solutions, Fidelity
- Marty McGuinness, Vice President, Government Affairs, UNUM
- Spencer Williams, Founder, President & CEO, The Retirement Clearinghouse