Small Business Saturday is an annual event that takes place nationwide on the Saturday following Thanksgiving (November 26, 2022) to encourage more holiday shopping at small businesses. Since so many small businesses are now online and need support amid soaring inflation, we are spreading the Shop Small campaign wider than just Small Business Saturday.
Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in using the hashtag #ShopSmallEveryDay duringNovember and December to promote shopping small, investing in local communities, and bringing kindness to small business owners during the busy holiday season.
Resources for Small Businesses
CO—by U.S. Chamber of Commerce has guides for small businesses to help them make the most of Small Business Saturday:
- How Any Business Can Make the Most of Small Business Saturday
- Expert Advice on Winning Small Business Saturday: Five Tips to Make the Most of the Day
- How to Sign Up for the Small Business Saturday 'Shop Small' Map
- Boost Your Small Business Saturday Sales
- 5 Retail Trends All Marketers Should Know to Fuel Growth on Small Business Saturday (and Year-Round)
American Express has resources for businesses and shoppers to participate in the national Shop Small campaign such as custom signage and templates, and an interactive map, on their website.
Hashtags: #ShopSmallEveryDay #ShopSmall
Social Media Messages
- For every dollar spent at a small business, an average of $0.67 stays in that business's local community. This holiday season, #ShopSmallEveryDay to help small businesses and boost your local economy. @uschamber
- Choosing to shop small is choosing to invest in your community. This year, it’s even more meaningful as small businesses face ongoing pandemic challenges like inflation and staff shortages. #ShopSmallEveryDay @uschamber
- This holiday season remember to #ShopSmall to support small businesses and fuel a strong local and national economy. #ShopSmallEveryDay @uschamber
- Choosing to shop small is choosing to invest in your community. For every dollar spent at a small business, an average of $0.67 stays in that business's local neighborhood. This year, shopping small is even more meaningful as small businesses face ongoing pandemic challenges including inflation and staff shortages. This holiday season, #ShopSmallEveryDay to support your community.
- This holiday season #ShopSmall to support your favorite local businesses. Small businesses play an active role in every community by hosting and sponsoring events, donating to local charities, and forming partnerships with other local businesses. Help fuel your local economy and shop small for the holidays! #ShopSmallEveryDay
On Small Business Saturday (Nov. 26)
- Don’t forget to #ShopSmall today! Your local dollar helps support public schools, parks, roads, sidewalks, and other community improvements. #ShopSmallEveryDay @uschamber
- Today is Small Business Saturday! Small businesses have one-of-a-kind products and personalized service & need your support during the holidays! @uschamber #ShopSmallEveryDay
- Today is Small Business Saturday! Don’t forget to #ShopSmall today to invest in your community and fuel your local economy. Small businesses have one-of-a-kind products and personalized service & your local dollar helps support public schools, parks, roads, sidewalks, and other community improvements. #ShopSmallEveryDay