- Advocating to Strengthen the U.S.-Bangladesh Economic Corridor
- Promote a competitive and transparent Bangladesh business environment by advocating on key investment and regulatory matters.
- Recommendations for Both Governments
- Provide comprehensive industry input and recommendations to both governments for the Trade and Investment Cooperation Framework Agreement annual meetings.
- Outreach and Content-Based Approach
- Increase outreach to different sector-specific departments of the U.S. and Bangladesh governments and provide robust updates on critical political, economic, and strategic news that affect U.S. business community engagement in the Bangladesh economy.
Bangladesh Forward Series
A policy forum for government and industry leaders to collaboratively discuss avenues of economic recovery and new frontiers of growth across sectors. The Council has hosted three editions of this roundtable series and will feature future discussions under this flagship initiative-
- Edition 1: Launch of the Bangladesh Forward Series
- Featuring Salman F. Rahman, Hon. Private Industry and Investment Advisor to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Zunaid A. Palak, Hon. ICT Minister of State of Bangladesh, Md. Ziauddin, Hon. Bangladesh Ambassador to the United States, Earl. R. Miller, Hon. U.S. Ambassador to Bangladesh, and Dr. Ahmad Kaikaus, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh,
- Edition 2: Future of Digital Connectivity, Commerce and Payments
- Featuring Sajeeb Wazed, Hon. ICT Affairs Advisor to the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Zunaid A. Palak, Hon. ICT Minister of State of Bangladesh, Md. Ziauddin, Hon. Bangladesh Ambassador to the United States, T.R. Ramachandran, Group Country Manager - South Asia & India, Visa, and Rubel Ahsan, Co-Founder and CEO, Homepay
- Edition 3: Future of Energy Development and Cooperation
- Featuring Nasrul Hamid, Hon. Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry of State, Ian Steff, Assistant Secretary for Global Markets and Director General of U.S. and Foreign Commercial Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, Earl R. Miller, Hon. U.S. Ambassador to Bangladesh, Sultan Ahmad, Power Division Secretary for Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources, Deepesh Nanda, CEO, Gas Power Systems, GE South Asia, and Ramon Wangdi, Vice President of Business Development, Excelerate Energy
To get involved in and learn more about the U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council, please contact Sid Mehra
Press ReleaseApr 06, 2021 - 12:15pm
Washington, D.C. – Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce launched the U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council, which will focus on advocacy and engagement to strengthen the bilateral commercial partnership.
EventApr 06, 2021 - 9:00am to 10:30am
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce invites you to the the launch of its U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council.
EventMar 12, 2018 - 12:30pm to 2:00pm
On March 12, the U.S.-Bangladesh Working Group hosted a private luncheon roundtable with H.E. Mohammad Ziauddin, Ambassador of Bangladesh to the United States.