South Asia Program
The South Asia team promotes trade and investment opportunities for U.S. companies in Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka.
Our team works closely with Chamber members and government officials from the U.S. and respective countries in this region to advocate market-oriented reforms and strengthen commercial ties and American engagement in South Asia. Our staff advances the policy priorities of Chamber members through joint programs with leading business organizations, including AmChams and leadings local chambers of commerce of countries of this region.
- Apr 04, 2022The Importance of Strengthening US-Bangladesh Relations for the Future
As we celebrate 50 years of U.S.-Bangladesh relations, here are the key areas we see for collaboration as Bangladesh works toward its goal of becoming a developed country by 2041.
- Mar 23, 2022Ambassador (ret.) Atul Keshap's remarks to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on 'Developing an Indo-Pacific Economic Framework'
Ambassador (ret.) Atul Keshap offered a briefer to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on developing an Indo-Pacific economic framework. He focuses on how the U.S. and India can forge a free-world supply chain and the need for democracies to work together in this period of geopolitical flux.
- Jan 04, 2022Veteran U.S. Diplomat Atul Keshap joins U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Ambassador Keshap to lead the U.S.-India Business Council as President
- Nov 11, 2021U.S. Chamber's Letter on CAATSA
- Oct 03, 2021Response to the UK Consultation on Reforming Competition and Consumer Policy
The Chamber’s U.S.-UK Business Council welcomes the opportunity to provide Her Majesty’s Government (“HMG”) with comments in response to the consultation on reforming competition and consumer policy. We welcome further opportunities to discuss this input with colleagues from BEIS and other UK Government agencies as these proposals are considered in the coming weeks and months.
Please find our comments attached.
- Sep 21, 2021U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council Hosts Bangladesh Prime Minister H.E. Sheikh Hasina on the Sidelines of United Nations General Assembly
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly meetings, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council hosted a Virtual Business Roundtable with Bangladesh Prime Minister Her Excellency Sheikh Hasina and over 30 senior executives from U.S. and Bangladesh business community.
- May 05, 2021Global Task Force on Pandemic Response Launched by Leading Companies and Business Associations to Address Urgent COVID-19 Surges
The Global Task Force on Pandemic Response, a newly formed U.S.-based public-private partnership organized by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and supported by Business Roundtable, announced today that it is working with the Chamber’s U.S.-India Business Council and the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership Forum to take three immediate actions to help address the COVID-19 surge in India.
- Apr 26, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hosts Sec. Blinken with BRT, CEOs for Meeting on India, Launches Public-Private Partnership to Provide India with Critical Supplies
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and CEOs from over 40 companies announced the Global Task Force on Pandemic Response: Mobilizing for India, a new U.S. public-private partnership to provide India with critical medical supplies, vaccines, oxygen and other life-saving assistance amid an unprecedented surge in coronavirus cases. The partnership is supported by the Chamber’s U.S.-India Business Council, the Business Roundtable and the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership Forum.
- Apr 06, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Launches U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council
Washington, D.C. – Today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce launched the U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council, which will focus on advocacy and engagement to strengthen the bilateral commercial partnership. As Bangladesh celebrates its 50th anniversary of independence, the new Council will serve as a platform for American businesses to engage both governments and promote opportunities for business to drive mutually beneficial economic growth.