South Asia Program
The South Asia team promotes trade and investment opportunities for U.S. companies in Bangladesh, India, and Sri Lanka.
Our team works closely with Chamber members and government officials from the U.S. and respective countries in this region to advocate market-oriented reforms and strengthen commercial ties and American engagement in South Asia. Our staff advances the policy priorities of Chamber members through joint programs with leading business organizations, including AmChams and leadings local chambers of commerce of countries of this region.
- Jul 28, 2022Celebrating 75 Years of U.S.-India Partnership
Over the past 75 years, India has emerged as the fastest growing large economy in the world, and the partnership between the United States and India has grown to be predominately characterized by alignment in objectives, values, and vision.
- May 11, 2022U.S. Chamber’s U.S.-Bangladesh Business Council Leads High-Powered Executive Delegation to Strengthen Bilateral Economic Relations
Prime Minister Hasina addresses an Executive Delegation to Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- May 07, 2022United States & Bangladesh: a powerhouse partnership in the Indo-Pacific
This op-ed by the Chamber's Nisha Biswal and Sidhanta Mehra celebrating 50 years of US-Bangladesh diplomatic relations was placed in the Dhakar Tribune on May 7th.
- Apr 04, 2022The Importance of Strengthening US-Bangladesh Relations for the Future
As we celebrate 50 years of U.S.-Bangladesh relations, here are the key areas we see for collaboration as Bangladesh works toward its goal of becoming a developed country by 2041.
- Mar 23, 2022Ambassador (ret.) Atul Keshap's remarks to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on 'Developing an Indo-Pacific Economic Framework'
Ambassador (ret.) Atul Keshap offered a briefer to the House Foreign Affairs Committee on developing an Indo-Pacific economic framework. He focuses on how the U.S. and India can forge a free-world supply chain and the need for democracies to work together in this period of geopolitical flux.
- Jan 04, 2022Veteran U.S. Diplomat Atul Keshap joins U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Ambassador Keshap to lead the U.S.-India Business Council as President
- Nov 11, 2021U.S. Chamber's Letter on CAATSA