The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is working with Business and Professional Women's (BPW) Foundation and Military Spouse Employment Partnership in an effort to help women veterans and military spouses find meaningful employment in the private sector. In addition to collaborating with the White House on its Joining Forces initiative and connecting the business community with the Department of Defense on nationwide efforts to employ active duty spouses in the private sector, we will enlist the support of American Chambers of Commerce abroad and global companies to help place military spouses in jobs overseas.
Additionally, while women veterans and military spouses will be the beneficiaries of many of our other programs, we will also host tailored events and champion specific forums to address some of their unique challenges in finding employment.
We plan to connect women veterans and military spouses with careers
- We will create opportunities for women veterans and military spouses to find meaningful employment in light of unique challenges.
- We will promote the business case for women veterans and military spouse employment.
We will continue to collaborate with White House on Joining Forces initiative
- We will connect business community with DoD on nationwide efforts to employ active duty spouses in the private sector.
- We will activate our network of American Chambers of Commerce abroad and global companies to place military spouses in jobs overseas.
We plan to build an extensive women in business mentors program
- We will work with Business and Profession Women’s Foundation (BPW) and other public and private sector organizations to enlist 10,000 women mentors in the business community to connect with women veterans and military wives by the end of 2012.