Venue: Napalai Ballroom
Call to order // MC opening
Welcome Remarks and Opening Speech by Thai Chamber of Commerce
Kalin Sarasin, Chairman, Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade of Thailand & Chairman, Thailand-U.S. Economic and Business Promotion Committee
Remarks by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
John Goyer, Executive Director, Southeast Asia Program, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Remarks by AMCHAM Thailand
Jeffrey Nygaard, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand &
Executive Vice President, Global Operations, Seagate Technology
Keynote Address by Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office
Dr. Kobsak Pootrakool, Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office
Address by the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand
The Hon. Glyn T. Davies, United States Ambassador to Thailand
Official signing of MOU and Photo Session
Formation of a Thailand-U.S. Economic and Business Promotion Committee.
Signing ceremony witnessed by Thai Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office and Ambassador Davies.
Panel 1: Thailand 4.0 – US engagement in the new Thai economy
Possible topics and themes: Encouraging research and development (“R&D”) expenditure; human resource development; cooperation and accountability among governments; and prioritizing internet access, consumer choice, and good governance.
- Cash McCracken, Director of APAC Government Affairs, Seagate Technology
- Ben King, Thailand Country Manager, Google
- Alex Orange, Director, Government Affairs, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Pacific, Qualcomm Incorporated
- Dr. Elizabeth Xu, Chief Technology Officer-CP Group and CEO of CP R&D
- Mr. Kasemsit Pathomsak, CEO, Merchant Partners Asset Management Limited
Panel 2: Digital Drivers – Digital trade frameworks
Possible topics and themes: Enabling cross-border data flows, a key aspect of the 21st century economy; getting data protection right by allowing legitimate business use of personal data, and empowering consumers to make informed choices; cybersecurity frameworks, and enhancing collaboration between government and private sector on cybersecurity.
- Derek Manky, Global Security Strategist, Fortinet
- SH Goh, Executive Director Asia Pacific, Global Policy & Government Affairs, Cisco
- Ann Meceda, Coordinator for International Cyber Policy, Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Dr. Teerapon Tanomsakyut, Chief Innovation & Sustainability Officer, True Corporation PCL
- Alex Botting, Director, Global Regulatory Cooperation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Venue: Dusit Thani Hall
H.E. Sontirat Sontijirawong, Minister of Commerce
Panel 3: SME Empowerment in E-commerce
Possible topics and themes: Reaching the global marketplace through technology; fintech and financial inclusion
- Mich Goh, Head of Public Policy, Southeast Asia, Airbnb
- Rachel Wolbers, Policy Director, Engine
- Gina Galvin, Managing Director for Operations, FedEx
- Dr. Kirati Laisathit, Executive Vice President and Manager of Portfolio Management Credit Management, Bangkok Bank Public Co., Ltd.
- Thai Panelist (Central-JD.com) (invited)
- Ariya Banomyong, Managing Director, Line Thailand (to be invited)
Panel 4: Innovation and Digital Technologies in Healthcare (including Wellness & Medical Tourism)
Possible topics and themes: New models are needed to integrate more innovative technologies to help drive efficiencies and improve patient care. Utilizing digital health technologies can improve health system efficiencies while reducing inequalities. To achieve this, important fine-tuning is needed to make sure that financing is stable, regulatory reforms are planned and executed, and supervision systems are put in place.
- Patrick Kilbride, Senior Vice President, Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC), U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Nares Damrongchai, CEO, Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences
- Simon Vilaisarn, Managing Director and Head of Contractual Solutions & Services - Thailand, Hewlett Packard
- Mr. Sranyoo Chanate, Vice President, Kluay Namthai Hospital
Moderator: Selim Sezgin, Country Manager, Pfizer
Special Presentation: Workforce Development in the Digital Economy
Discussion on how US firms are collaborating with the Thai government to prepare and train Thai workers to gain new skills needed to participate in the digital economy.
Dhanawat Suthumpun, CEO, Microsoft Thailand
Panel 5: Blockchain – Implications for Thailand and other Emerging Markets
Possible topics and themes: financial inclusion, enabling SME growth, and fostering appropriate regulatory environments.
- Jared Ragland, Senior Director, APAC Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Kullarat Phongsathaporn, Partner, Financial Services Practice Group, Baker & McKenzie Ltd
- Dr. Bhume Bhumiratana, Consultant, Securities and Exchange Commission, Thailand
- To be advised by Thai Bankers’ Association (invited)