Venue: Napalai Ballroom
Call to order // MC opening
Welcome Remarks and Opening Speech by Thai Chamber of Commerce
Kalin Sarasin, Chairman, Thai Chamber of Commerce and Board of Trade of Thailand & Chairman, Thailand-U.S. Economic and Business Promotion Committee
Remarks by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
John Goyer, Executive Director, Southeast Asia Program, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Remarks by AMCHAM Thailand
Jeffrey Nygaard, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand &
Executive Vice President, Global Operations, Seagate Technology
Keynote Address by the Deputy Prime Minister
Dr. Somkid Jatusripitak, Deputy Prime Minister (invited)
Address by the U.S. Ambassador to Thailand
The Hon. Glyn T. Davies, United States Ambassador to Thailand (invited)
Official signing of MOU and Photo Session
Formation of a Thailand-U.S. Economic and Business Promotion Committee.
Signing ceremony witnessed by Thai DPM and Ambassador Davies.
Panel 1: Thailand 4.0 – US engagement in the new Thai economy
Possible topics and themes: Encouraging research and development (“R&D”) expenditure; human resource development; cooperation and accountability among governments; and prioritizing internet access, consumer choice, and good governance.
- Dr. Kobsak Pootrakool, Minister Attached to the Prime Minister’s Office (invited)
- Cash McCracken, Director of APAC Government Affairs, Seagate Technology
- TBA, Thailand Country Manager, Google
- Michael Bäk, Head of Public Policy, Thailand, Facebook (invited)
- Representative from the Thai Private Sector (name to be advised)
- Dr. Somkiat Tangkitvanich, President, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI) (invited)
Panel 2: Digital Drivers – Digital trade frameworks
Possible topics and themes: Enabling cross-border data flows, a key aspect of the 21st century economy; getting data protection right by allowing legitimate business use of personal data, and empowering consumers to make informed choices; cybersecurity frameworks, and enhancing collaboration between government and private sector on cybersecurity.
- Derek Manky, Global Security Strategist, Fortinet
- SH Goh, Executive Director Asia Pacific, Global Policy & Government Affairs, Cisco
- Alex Botting, Director, Global Regulatory Cooperation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Mr. Supachai, True Corp & CP Group
- Dr. Duenden Nikomborirak, Research Director, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
Venue: Dusit Thani Hall
H.E. Sontirat Sontijirawong, Minister of Commerce
Panel 3: SME Empowerment in E-commerce
Possible topics and themes: Reaching the global marketplace through technology; fintech and financial inclusion
- Andrew Harris, Head of Public Policy, Southeast Asia, Amazon
- Mich Goh, Head of Public Policy, Southeast Asia, Airbnb
- Rachel Wolbers, Policy Director, Engine
- Gina Galvin, Managing Director for Operations, FedEx
- 2 Thai Panelists (Central-JD.com and Thai Bankers’ Association)
- Ariya Banomyong, Managing Director, Line Thailand (to be invited)
Innovation and Digital Technologies in Healthcare (including Wellness & Medical Tourism)
Possible topics and themes: New models are needed to integrate more innovative technologies to help drive efficiencies and improve patient care. Utilizing digital health technologies can improve health system efficiencies while reducing inequalities. To achieve this, important fine-tuning is needed to make sure that financing is stable, regulatory reforms are planned and executed, and supervision systems are put in place.
- Patrick Kilbride, Vice President for International IP, Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC), U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Patrick van der Loo, Vice President, Emerging Asia Cluster, Pfizer
- Dr. Nares Damrongchai, CEO, Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences
- 1 Thai panelist to be advised.
Blockchain – Implications for Thailand and other Emerging Markets
Possible topics and themes: financial inclusion, enabling SME growth, and fostering appropriate regulatory environments.
- Emily Walker, Chief Operating Officer, Sweetbridge Financial
- Jared Ragland, Senior Director, APAC Policy, BSA | The Software Alliance
- Representative from the Thai Private Sector (to be advised)
- To be advised by Thai Bankers’ Association
Future of Food Innovation
Possible topics and themes: to be advised.
- US Panelists to be advised by the US Chamber of Commerce
- Thai Panelists to be advised by the Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Dr. Poj Aramwattananont, Vice Chairman, Board of Trade of Thailand