On Thursday, October 12th, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the National Safety Council will host The Opioid Epidemic: From the Front Lines to the Boardroom, Best Practices & Recommendations for Addressing Substance Use – a forum highlighting how substance use is impacting the business community with an emphasis on addressing the opioid crisis.
This half-day conference will focus on solutions to improving access for substance use treatment in the workplace.
Speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Coordinating public and private-sector efforts to maximize impact.
- Showcasing employer-led strategies to discuss how businesses can be part of the solution.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Deborah Hersman, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Safety Council
- Carolyn Cawley, President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- The Honorable Bill Foster, 11th District of Illinois, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Evan Jenkins, 3rd District of West Virginia, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Mary Bono, Principal, Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting and Former Congresswoman from California
- Eric Goplerud PhD., Vice President & Senior Fellow, Public Health Department, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Richard Baum, Acting Director, Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Ronald Flegel, Director, Division of Workplace Programs, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Dr. John Dreyzehner, MPH, FACOEM, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Health & National Safety Council Board Member
- Dr. Terry Horton, FACP, FASAM, Chief, Division of Addiction Medicine and Medical Director, Project Engage, Christiana Care Health System
- Heather Healy, Director, Employee Assistance Program, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
- Dr. Robert 'Neal' Mills, MBA, Medical Director, Aon Hewitt
- Eric Bailly, Business Solutions Director, Anthem, Inc.
- Lisa Allen, President and CEO, Ziegenfelder Company
- Randy Johnson, Senior Vice President, Labor, Immigration & Employee Benefits, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Download the agenda.
- “Anthem’s Commitment to Addressing the Prescription Opioid Epidemic and Substance Use Disorders”, Anthem, Inc.
- "Opioid Overdose Epidemic: Four Critical Challenges Facing Employers", CDC Foundation
- “A Substance Use Cost Calculator for Employers”, National Safety Council
- “Adding Up the Impact: Real Costs of Substance Use in Your Workforce”, National Safety Council
- “Drugs at Work: What Employers Need to Know”, National Safety Council
- “Prescription Drug Employer Kit”, National Safety Council
- “Prescription Pain Medications: A Fatal Cure for Injured Workers”, National Safety Council
- “Survey: Americans Struggling with Opioid Addiction Miss Nearly 50% More Work; Employers Don't Understand the Costs”, National Safety Council
- "The Proactive Role Employers Can Take: Opioids in the Workplace," National Safety Council
- “Workplace Wellbeing: Bridging Safety and Health”, The Campbell Institute