From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
The Opioid Epidemic: From the Front Lines to the Boardroom
On Thursday, October 12th, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the National Safety Council will host The Opioid Epidemic: From the Front Lines to the Boardroom, Best Practices & Recommendations for Addressing Substance Use – a forum highlighting how substance use is impacting the business community with an emphasis on addressing the opioid crisis.
This half-day conference will focus on solutions to improving access for substance use treatment in the workplace.
Speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Coordinating public and private-sector efforts to maximize impact.
- Showcasing employer-led strategies to discuss how businesses can be part of the solution.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Deborah Hersman, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Safety Council
- Carolyn Cawley, President, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- The Honorable Bill Foster, 11th District of Illinois, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Evan Jenkins, 3rd District of West Virginia, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Mary Bono, Principal, Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting and Former Congresswoman from California
- Eric Goplerud PhD., Vice President & Senior Fellow, Public Health Department, NORC at the University of Chicago
- Richard Baum, Acting Director, Office of National Drug Control Policy
- Ronald Flegel, Director, Division of Workplace Programs, Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Dr. John Dreyzehner, MPH, FACOEM, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Health & National Safety Council Board Member
- Dr. Terry Horton, FACP, FASAM, Chief, Division of Addiction Medicine and Medical Director, Project Engage, Christiana Care Health System
- Heather Healy, Director, Employee Assistance Program, Association of Flight Attendants-CWA
- Dr. Robert 'Neal' Mills, MBA, Medical Director, Aon Hewitt
- Eric Bailly, Business Solutions Director, Anthem, Inc.
- Lisa Allen, President and CEO, Ziegenfelder Company
- Randy Johnson, Senior Vice President, Labor, Immigration & Employee Benefits, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- “Anthem’s Commitment to Addressing the Prescription Opioid Epidemic and Substance Use Disorders”, Anthem, Inc.
- "Opioid Overdose Epidemic: Four Critical Challenges Facing Employers", CDC Foundation
- “A Substance Use Cost Calculator for Employers”, National Safety Council
- “Adding Up the Impact: Real Costs of Substance Use in Your Workforce”, National Safety Council
- “Drugs at Work: What Employers Need to Know”, National Safety Council
- “Prescription Drug Employer Kit”, National Safety Council
- “Prescription Pain Medications: A Fatal Cure for Injured Workers”, National Safety Council
- “Survey: Americans Struggling with Opioid Addiction Miss Nearly 50% More Work; Employers Don't Understand the Costs”, National Safety Council
- "The Proactive Role Employers Can Take: Opioids in the Workplace," National Safety Council
- “Workplace Wellbeing: Bridging Safety and Health”, The Campbell Institute