While a fair and effective legal system allows business leaders to focus on hiring, innovating, and expanding, excessive or frivolous litigation crushes opportunities for private industry and consumers alike. A healthy legal system protects both employees and consumers while encouraging business growth.
Part of running a successful business is taking on the risk of litigation. Protect your business from liability and lawsuits with this quick guide.
The U.S. Chamber’s Institute for Legal Reform advocates for a fair and equal civil justice system to foster a healthy business climate, protect employers from abusive litigation, and serve the interests of consumers, not trial lawyers. We work with leaders in almost every state, Congress, and around the world to defend the rule of law.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Feb 01, 2017H.R. 732, the "Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2017 This letter was sent to the members of the House Judiciary Committee in support of H.R. 732, the “Stop Settlement Slush Funds Act of 2017,” which the Committee will be marking up tomorrow morning.
- Jan 31, 2017President Trump Nominates Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court Chamber's Tom Donohue: "We congratulate Judge Neil Gorsuch and applaud President Trump for quickly naming a Supreme Court justice nominee."
- Jan 31, 2017U.S. Chamber’s Donohue Congratulates President Trump’s Nominee for Supreme Court WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue issued the following statement today regarding President Trump’s nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court of the United States. “We congratulate Judge Gorsuch and applaud President Trump for quickly naming a Supreme Court justice nominee. The Supreme Court plays a critical role ensuring the rule of law is upheld and constitutional protections for all are honored. The election is over and now it's time for the Senate to act.”
- Jan 16, 2017Let's Grow: Ideas to Get Our Economy Moving Regulatory and tax reforms, updating infrastructure, and expanding trade are only a few ways the Chamber will pursue growth in America.
- Jan 11, 2017Why Faster Economic Growth Must Be America's Top Priority U.S. Chamber President and CEO Tom Donohue released the American Growth Agenda to accelerate economic growth.
- Jan 11, 20172017 State of American Business Address U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 11, 2017.
- Jan 11, 2017U.S. Chamber President: Economic Growth Must Be Nation’s Top Priority Business Community Optimistic, Realistic, and Ready for Meaningful Reform to Reignite Spirit of American EnterpriseWASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue said today in his annual “State of American Business” address that fostering stronger, faster, and more broadly shared economic growth must be the top priority for the nation’s leaders.
- Jan 04, 2017Chamber Snapshots: The Best of 2016 2016 proved to be a busy year in Washington, D.C., and no place experienced that more than the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.