The Chamber’s Task Force on Climate Actions engages members on a range of investments, innovations, and internal processes that businesses are employing to tackle climate change. This task force enables the Chamber to become smarter about the impact of both existing climate policies and future proposals on the business community.
Why the Task Force on Climate Actions is Important
The specifics learned through this task force help inform and shape opportunities for the Chamber and its members to address climate change and continue to be a credible voice in the policy debate. The Task Force on Climate Actions serves as a platform for engaging companies across its broad membership on solutions to this important issue. The task force is open to all Chamber member companies, state and local chambers, and member trade associations.
Task Force Goals
- Understand how and for what purposes businesses across industries are internally pricing carbon.
- Gain an understanding of the implications and issues associated with carbon pricing and other potential climate actions.
- Learn how carbon pricing policies outside of the U.S. are impacting companies and issues.
- Recognize the extent to which and how businesses are calculating the risks and costs to the business of climate change.
- Ascertain the issues associated with explicit (e.g., carbon tax or cap and trade) and implicit (e.g., regulation) carbon price mechanisms.
- Promote a dialogue among companies and sectors.
Take a look at our one-pager on the Task Force on Climate Actions.
Our initial announcement on this task force can be found here.
For more information and to join this important effort, contact Chuck Chaitovitz, Vice President for Environmental Affairs and Sustainability at email@example.com.