Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity is America’s strength, spurring the innovation and creativity that have made the U.S. economy the most vibrant and dynamic in history. When businesses recognize and embrace different perspectives, they are better able to create value, serve customers, support employees, and solve problems. By providing opportunities for everyone, businesses help lift communities and strengthen the health, prosperity, and competitiveness of our nation and our society.
Read these first
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.Learn More
- The Importance of Mixing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion into Your Company's DNAIn 2022, it is important that leaders ask themselves a tough question: “What has our organization done to truly support Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion within our walls and in our communities?”Learn More
- A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionHow diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.Learn More
In recognition of Military Spouse Appreciation Month, we had a conversation with Lacey Raymond, Principal in Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Government & Public Services (GPS) practice, and co-chair of the U.S. Chamber Foundation's Hiring our Heroes' Military Spouse Employment Advisory Council.
Each month Women Taking the Lead highlights a female leader within the U.S. Chamber membership to showcase how women are currently leading in all areas of the business community. In February, we are honoring Black History Month in a conversation with Quita Highsmith, VP and Chief Diversity Officer for Genentech.
Melody Birmingham, EVP for NiSource, shares how her company is taking steps to foster a sustainable and inclusive energy future for all.
Growing an Inclusive Business Community
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is a business imperative. Guided by data and informed by conversations with business, government, academic, and civic leaders, the U.S. Chamber’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative (EOI) advances public and private sector solutions to help close opportunity gaps. Focusing on employment, entrepreneurship, education, and criminal justice, the EOI agenda aims to help all people—no matter their race or background—go as far and as high as their talent and hard work will take them.
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
This Coalition for Tribal Sovereignty letter, with 160 signatories, was sent to the members of the House Education and the Workforce Committee in support of H.R. 986, the Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2017, which the Committee is marking up later this morning.
This letter was sent to the members of the House Committee on Education and the Workforce in support of H.R. 986, the “Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2017.”
This letter supporting S. 63, the “Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2017,” and S. 245, the “Indian Tribal Energy Development and Self-Determination Act Amendments of 2017,” was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs.
This letter was sent to the members of the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs on behalf of the Coalition for Tribal Sovereignty in support of S. 63, the “Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2017.”