The health and safety of workers are crucial to business productivity and a hallmark of a strong and sustainable economy. American businesses understand that safe workplaces are sound business practices. The U.S. Chamber promotes workplace safety policies that protect employees from hazards while not placing unreasonable burdens on business owners.
- Aug 25, 2022Employer Guide To Tax Credits For Hiring Employees With Disabilities
Businesses that make structural adaptations or other workplace accommodations for employees with disabilities may be eligible for certain tax incentives.
- Jun 15, 2022Anti-Human Trafficking Laws - The Report
This publication, Anti-Human Trafficking Laws, provides an overview of relevant laws, executive orders, treaties, and conventions, in the international human rights context. The first section of this publication, Federal Laws, highlights human trafficking rules applicable to companies in the U.S. The second part, International Laws, provides an overview of human trafficking treaties and conventions, as well as supply chain due diligence laws in Europe.
- Sep 16, 2021Comments to the Department of Labor on Vaccine Emergency Temporary Standard
These comments were sent to the Department of Labor on the OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard on vaccine and testing requirements.
- Aug 20, 2021Coalition for Workplace Safety Comments to OSHA on Emergency Temporary Standard IFR
Read the Coalition for Workplace Safety's comments to James Frederick, Acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health, regarding DOL's Emergency Temporary Standard for COVID-19.
- Aug 20, 2021Comments to OSHA on Emergency Temporary Standard IFR
Read the Chamber's comments to James Frederick, Acting Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health, regarding DOL's Emergency Temporary Standard for COVID-19.
- Jan 13, 2020Coalition Letter on H.R. 2694, the "Pregnant Workers Fairness Act"
This Coalition letter was sent to the House Committee on Education and Labor, on H.R. 2694, the "Pregnant Workers Fairness Act."
- Nov 19, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on the Hearing, "Highly Automated Vehicles: Federal Perspectives on the Deployment of Safety Technology"
This Hill letter was sent to the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, & Transportation, on the hearing entitled, “Highly Automated Vehicles: Federal Perspectives on the Deployment of Safety Technology.”
- Oct 31, 2019US Chamber’s Project GO Promotes Corporate Board Diversity with Real-World Solutions
The U.S. Chamber's recently launched Project GO, an initiative that advances corporate solutions to pressing societal challenges.
- Apr 09, 2019U.S. Chamber Opposing S. 61, “Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2019”
This letter was sent to the United States Senate, opposing S. 61, the “Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2019.”
- Apr 08, 2019H.R. 5 and S. 788, "Equality Act"
This letter was sent to the members of the United States Congress, supporting H.R. 5 and S. 788, the Equality Act.