On Tuesday, April 13, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Equality of Opportunity Initiative hosted Equality of Opportunity in Action: The AAPI Business Community Speaks Up.
The event focused on the impacts of COVID-19 on Asian American and Pacific Islander-owned businesses and recovery in the community, and how entrepreneurs can lead the way in promoting equity. Attendees heard from business leaders on how they are working together to speak out against discrimination and support AAPI-owned enterprises.
Final Speaker Lineup:
- Susan Au Allen, National President & CEO, US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- Sabrina Fang, Senior Director of Media Relations, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Charles Freeman, Senior Vice President for Asia, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Ambassador Gary Locke, Interim President, Bellevue College
- Kenny Nguyen, Co-Founder & CEO, ThreeSixtyEight
- Chiling Tong, President & CEO, Asian/Pacific Islander American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship
- Rick Wade, Senior Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Outreach, U.S. Chamber of Commerce