The U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced the finalists for its annual Dream Big Awards, presented by MetLife, which celebrates the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our economy. Their grit, determination, and generosity give real meaning to the term, free enterprise. When small businesses thrive, our communities prosper, and that’s good for everyone," said Tom Sullivan, U.S. Chamber vice president of small business policy. “The U.S. Chamber is proud to honor small businesses who inspire themselves and others to dream big through their actions, contributions, and leadership.”
The Dream Big Awards program includes Business Achievement Awards to recognize excellence in six categories and reflect the leading businesses in each of the following areas: emerging, green/sustainable, minority-owned, veteran-owned, woman-owned, and young entrepreneur businesses.
This year’s finalists, selected from a record number of applicants, include:
Emerging Business Achievement Award
- btqBOX – Grand Forks, ND
- Orion Global Solutions – New York, NY
- Stonehill – Tampa, FL
Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award
- Port City Brewing Company – Alexandria, VA
- SimpliPhi Power, Inc. – Oxnard, CA
- Truman's – Lexington, KY
Minority-Owned Business Achievement Award
- Expert Maintenance and Construction Services, LLC – Prairieville, LA
- Xylo Technologies,Inc. – Rochester, MN
- Yassin's Falafel House – Knoxville, TN
Veteran-Owned Business Achievement Award
- Flags of Valor – Ashburn, VA
- Urban Dwell – Washington, DC
- VetCor, LLC – Tampa, FL
Woman-Owned Business Achievement Award
- Blue Ocean Brain – Glenn Allen, VA
- KDM Engineering – Chicago, IL
- Soupergirl – Washington, DC
Young Entrepreneur Achievement Award
- Coonhound Camping – Knoxville, TN
Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award
- Intuitive Digital – Portland, OR
- Life of Riley – Washington, DC
- Strata-G, LLC – Knoxville, TN
Award winners will be announced at the Dream Big Awards Gala on Wednesday, October 16 in Washington, D.C. as part of the 2019 CO— Summit taking place at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Finalists are now eligible to win our Community Excellence Award. Cast your online vote for the small business that has demonstrated an exemplary level of leadership and community engagement. Voting is open September 16 through Friday, September 20 at 11:59 PM ET.