The global space industry is opening new markets and transforming our economy. Valued at nearly $450 billion and growing, the space industry is driving exhilarating technological progress that is helping advance many other industries, such as telecommunications, defense, bioscience, manufacturing, and energy exploration.
Every day, more businesses are considering the commercial potential of space. The U.S. Chamber is working closely with government and industry leaders to turn potential into a reality. We are advancing public-private collaboration needed to support space exploration and commercial and private aerospace travel as well as to create guidelines for managing traffic and commerce. We are also helping government leaders shape smart regulations to drive innovation and growth in this emerging sector so people, businesses, industries, and economies everywhere can benefit from the limitless possibilities of space.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Colorado Space Coalition discussed the programs and people that will drive the next era of human deep space exploration.
Small business advice from CO—
- Jun 07, 2021May 19 OSD Conference Call OSD Overview: special guest Colin Sepko who runs trusted capital program in A&S and is new to the Pentagon coming from the private sector. Trusted capital update: why? Three strategic challenges for DIB are consolidation of DIB (significant changes in past five years); manufacturing and investment standpoint (most investments target software vice manufacturing due to margins being higher in software development); finally, foreign ownership and influence in DoD supply chains from materials to end items to logistics, a
- Jun 02, 2021June 2 OSD Conference Call & News from the Administration OSD Update: Small business focus today. Kim Herrington has resigned from OSD to return to industry as he announced two weeks ago. OSD sees value in these calls and intends to continue the engagement. Guest speakers are to return in two weeks to enhance the value of these discussions.
- May 10, 2021USCC letter to Secretary Blinken re: Vaccines for Expats in the US Business Community On Monday, May 10, the Chamber formally submitted DAEC’s Defense and Aerospace (D&A) recommendations regarding Vaccines for expats in the U.S. business community to Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. DAEC worked closely with our members on this issue and we are grateful for their thought leadership, contributions and ongoing support.
- May 05, 2021May 5 OSD Conference Call & DLA Industry Association Leaders Webinar (J7): Overview: OSD is wrapping up input on their 100-day study on Executive Order 14107 regarding Critical Minerals and Materials; the results will likely be published in June. DLA:
- Apr 21, 2021April 21 OSD call with the US Chamber and Associations Notes OSD update: continue to protect the discussion and those speaking; expecting a robust discussion today; a federal register notice is out regarding a 100-day report on supply chain so ensure if you industry have input you respond.
- Apr 07, 2021April 7OSD Conference Call & News from the Administration Overview:
- Mar 20, 2021DAEC Letter on CAT to the NSC
- Mar 17, 202117 March 2021 OSD Call Notes Overview:
- Mar 15, 2021March 2021 DAEC Newsletter