The global space industry is opening new markets and transforming our economy. Valued at nearly $450 billion and growing, the space industry is driving exhilarating technological progress that is helping advance many other industries, such as telecommunications, defense, bioscience, manufacturing, and energy exploration.
Every day, more businesses are considering the commercial potential of space. The U.S. Chamber is working closely with government and industry leaders to turn potential into a reality. We are advancing public-private collaboration needed to support space exploration and commercial and private aerospace travel as well as to create guidelines for managing traffic and commerce. We are also helping government leaders shape smart regulations to drive innovation and growth in this emerging sector so people, businesses, industries, and economies everywhere can benefit from the limitless possibilities of space.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Colorado Space Coalition discussed the programs and people that will drive the next era of human deep space exploration.
Small business advice from CO—
- Sep 13, 2021Defense Security Cooperation University to host Keith Webster, President of DAEC, as Guest Speaker On Wenesday, October 27 at 3:00PM EST, Keith Webster, President of the Defense and Aerospace Export Council (DAEC) will participate in Defense Security Cooperation University's (DSCU) Intermediate Managing Major International Acquisition Competitions (MIAC) course as a guest speaker. Additional information on the MIAC course can be found here.
- Sep 13, 2021INFO//Force Health Protection Guidance (Supplement 23) - Department of Defense Guidance for Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination Attestation and Screening Testing for Unvaccinated Personnel The DoD released Force Health Protection Guidance on Supplement 23 (hyperlinked below) which will impact your contractor employees working in DoD facilities as soon as next week. Specifically, in accordance with the White House Safer Federal Workforce Task Force directed safety measures, attestation of an individual’s status as fully vaccinated, or presentation of a recent negative COVID-19 test will be a condition of physical access to DoD facilities. Components are required to publish any necessary supplemental instructions and begin im
- Aug 23, 2021August 18 OSD Conference Call Notes August 18, 2021 OSD COVID Conference Call with Chamber and Associations: This is conducted under Chatham House Rule and not for attribution. Names and affiliations here are for the sake of context and for internal use only Small Business Programs, Industrial Policy:
- Jul 27, 2021DAEC Resignation Letter from the Honorable Heidi Shyu Dear DAEC Members,
- Jul 22, 2021BEA News: Direct Investment by Country and Industry, 2020 The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) has issued the following news release today:
- Jul 21, 20212021 Investment Climate Statements Released 2021 Investment Climate Statements Released Press Releases for U.S. Department of State:
- Jul 21, 2021July 21 OSD Conference Call OSD Overview: Director for Industry engagement kicked off the meeting today. OSD Small Business Director update on the advisory from NSA and FBI related to concerns USG has with China and their cyber activity. Earlier in the week the U.S.
- Jun 24, 2021NATO Out-brief Keith Webster met with US personnel in Brussels regarding last week’s NATO meeting (Communique linked here). Here are some key insights:
- Jun 16, 2021June 16 OSD Conference Call OSD overview: MIBP – Remains a priority for OSD to continue engaging with industry; have added “partnership” to pillars of OSD industrial collaboration; focusing on semi-conductor industries and women and minority owned businesses who the SecDef will be meeting with shortly; OSD has lost 40% of the supply base over the past decade and this is of concern and looking for ways to address these loses; published supply chain report in response to President’s EO and we are encouraged to read it. The rest of the year will now foc
- Jun 10, 2021JIUNE 2021 DAEC NEWSLETTER