The U.S.-Israel Business Council Areas of Focus
The Council established a working group to serve as a platform for a dialogue on emerging health innovations in Israel such as digital health, artificial intelligence, bio-convergence, 5G-connected medical devices, and cybersecurity of critical health infrastructure to enhance the discovery, development, and commercialization of healthcare technology and innovation.
The Council promotes pro-competitive, cutting edge rules to promote e-commerce and open digital trade in two of the most digitally-advanced countries in the world. The Council working with counterpart organizations in Israel is advancing initiatives focused on data governance and cross-border dataflows that will boost next cooperation in AI, cybersecurity, digital health, and beyond.
Energy and the Environment
The Council serves as the direct link between business and government in the U.S.-Israel energy and environment corridor by promoting market-based policy solutions, advancing innovation partnerships, and sharing best practices. We leverage platforms like the U.S.-Israel Energy Dialogue, Eastern Mediterranean Gas Forum, and other leader-level interactions as opportunities to strengthen bilateral trade. The Council is a leading advocate for the U.S.-Israel Energy Center of Excellence, funded by both governments, to advance public-private cooperation in new energy and water technologies.
Defense and Cybersecurity
The Council works to promotes connections among business, government, and thought leaders in order to expand U.S.-Israel cooperation in defense and cybersecurity. We promote ongoing U.S.-Israel industrial cooperation and opportunities for continued collaboration in supply chains, R&D, and emerging technologies while working to overcome challenges.
Capitol Hill Engagement
USIBI has an active program to build relationships with key members, committees, and staff engaged on matters related to the U.S.-Israel commercial relationship.
- Maintain regular communications with Senate Foreign Relations Committee and House Foreign Affairs Committee staff on issues and legislation related to U.S.-Israel relations.
- Supported provisions in legislation related to appropriations of R&D funding, economic cooperation programs, and other initiatives that support the commercial relationship.
- Hosted briefings with members on topics related to trade, innovation, and energy
Building Partnerships in Cities and States
USIBI works with partners in cities and states across the U.S. to expand and deepen U.S.-Israel business partnerships.
- Launched Business Israel, a program that brought leaders from state and metropolitan chambers of commerce across the U.S. to Israel.
- Hosted governors and mayors in Israel and supported expanded bilateral agreements.