When we lay out the welcome mat for business travelers and tourists, businesses can create good jobs for Americans and bring added revenue into our communities. By making travel and tourism a priority, we are ensuring that when tourists are ready to travel and businesspeople are ready to make deals, they come to the greatest travel destination of them all—the United States.
The pandemic has had a significant impact on both business travel and leisure travel. Here’s what businesses need to know about travel beyond COVID-19.
The Chamber is working to get domestic and international travel back on track because tourism, global commerce, and supply chain flows all depend on it. That means safely lifting travel restrictions, broadening visa waiver programs, limiting wait times at Customs, and implementing trusted traveler programs to reduce the hassles without jeopardizing safety.
Discover how companies are making travel safer in the post-COVID world, COVID-19’s impact on the travel industry, and what to expect for post-pandemic travel.
Small business advice from CO—
- Sep 10, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 3960, the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019" This letter was sent to Representatives James McGovern and Tom Emmer, thanking them for co-sponsoring H.R. 3960, the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019."
- Sep 10, 2019U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 2303, the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019” This letter was sent to Senator Patrick Leahy, thanking him for sponsoring S. 2303, the “Freedom for Americans to Travel to Cuba Act of 2019."
- Jul 22, 2019Young Entrepreneur Series: How One College Senior is Making Travel a Reality for All Young entrepreneur Davis Handler, founder of We Yalla, shows how his company is making travel affordable for all.
- Jul 02, 2019National Sports Championships Provide Big Wins for Local Economies, Businesses A national sports championship win can have a profound effect on local economies for years to come.
- Jun 25, 2019Coalition Letter Supporting Supplemental Funding for CBP This Coalition letter supporting supplemental funding for additional Customs and Border Protection officers was sent to the House and Senate.
- Jun 25, 2019The Need to Revitalize Transatlantic Trade Relations Oral Testimony before the U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee's Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, Energy, and the Environment hearing on the Transatlantic Policy Impacts of the U.S.-EU Trade Conflict
- Jun 04, 2019U.S.-Cuba Business Council Statement on Administration’s Travel Restrictions to Cuba New restrictions will disrupt business operations, harming U.S. companies and the Cuban people The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Cuba Business Council issued the following statement regarding the administration’s additional restrictions on U.S. travelers and vessels to Cuba:
- Jul 24, 2018Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill This letter was sent to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Committee ahead of the markup of the Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Appropriations bill tomorrow morning.
- Jul 18, 2018Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill This letter was sent to the Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Appropriations Committee’s Subcommittee on Homeland Security ahead of the Subcommittee’s markup of the Fiscal Year 2019 Homeland Security Appropriations bill tomorrow morning.
- Jun 26, 2017H.R. 2997, the "21st Century AIRR Act" This letter was sent to members of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in regard to H.R. 2997, the “21st Century AIRR Act."