The U.S. Chamber of Commerce believes that American inventions and intellectual property fuel our economy, create jobs, and improve our daily lives through better access to medicines, increased trust in brands, and greater consumer safety.
- There are a total of 75 U.S. industries classified as intellectual property (IP) intensive. These IP-intensive industries contribute $5.8 trillion to U.S. output, making up 38% of total U.S. GDP.
- IP-intensive industries directly and indirectly supply 40 million U.S. jobs and pay 42% higher wages.
- U.S. intellectual property companies drive American global competitiveness by generating 60% of U.S. exports and contributing $775 billion to the U.S. trade balance.
The Chamber’s Plan for Protecting Innovation
- Promote robust IP rules and enforcement programs in the US and around the world.
- Improve our economy and grow quality job opportunities for the American workforce by strengthening the protection and enforcement of IP rights.
- Combat online sales of counterfeited goods and piracy that damages the American economy and compromises consumer safety.
4 Must Read Stories on Intellectual Property
Online Shoppers Beware: Dangerous Fakes Could Spoil Your Holiday
Copyright Creates Jobs. Period.
Intellectual Property Drives Our Economy
Crunch Time for the Trans-Pacific Partnership
|POLICY RESOURCES||INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY EXPERTS|