Every innovation that improves lives, advances society, and drives our economy starts with an idea. Strong intellectual property rights—including patents, trademarks, and copyrights—protect and incentivize those ideas. When inventors, researchers, engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs have legal certainty that their work will be protected and rewarded, they can keep the transformative ideas coming. Intellectual property protections also shield consumers from dangerous fake and counterfeit goods, giving people assurances that products—from life-saving medicines to toys—are safe and authentic.
2023 International IP Index
Now in the eleventh edition, the International IP Index benchmarks the IP framework in 55 global economies across 50 unique indicators.
4 Lessons from the 2023 International IP Index
As leaders map out the path forward for their IP agendas, they should first consider these top findings.
Top Takeaways from the U.S. Chamber’s 2023 State of American Business Address
This year’s State of American Business speech sets out an 'Agenda for American Strength': an aspirational and forward-looking plan to set up the country and its business community for long-term success.
- 4 Things to Know About Intellectual Property and COVID-19 VaccinesIntellectual property enabled the discovery of lifesaving COVID-19 vaccines. Here’s why calls to waive IP rights would undermine medical innovation and our ability to respond to the next pandemic.Learn More
- Intellectual Property: A Primer for BusinessesIssues surrounding intellectual property rights in the U.S. have a significant impact on the business community. Here’s what businesses need to know.Learn More
- How Can the U.S. Government Better Protect Companies from CyberattacksHere are some ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.Learn More
The U.S. Chamber’s Global Innovation Policy Center champions innovation and creativity through intellectual property standards so businesses can save lives, solve problems, create jobs, advance growth, and enhance society. Our work to protect strong intellectual property rights begins in Washington, D.C., and extends to countries across the globe.
How Government Can Protect Intellectual Property and Personal Data
Learn about ways government leaders are protecting the United States from cyberattacks that could steal intellectual property and personal data.
Small business advice from CO—
- Health CareFrom Communities Around the Country: Opportunities to Improve Mental HealthTuesday, March 2801:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
- TechnologyFuture of Data in K-12 Education Report Release WebinarTuesday, March 2801:00 PM EDT - 02:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships ConferenceTuesday, July 25 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 06:00 PM EDT
Worldwide trade in counterfeit and fake goods amounts to more than $500 billion annually. With the holiday shopping season kicking off, here are some ways to #ShopSmart and avoid fake products.
Developments at the Word Trade Organization (WTO) could spell trouble for American innovators and their intellectual property protections.
Public private partnership recruits new allies from professional sports leagues
Worldwide trade in counterfeit and fake goods amounts to more than $500 billion each year. As parents, students and educators begin stocking up for fall semester, here are some ways to Shop Smart.
Despite the hardship of rising costs to consumers, medicines remain a stable 14% of overall health care costs.
The world’s largest retailer issues a detailed report on efforts to protect customers, businesses, and brands from fake and counterfeit goods.
Won’t help with vaccination but could undermine the ability to respond to the next global crisis