America Works Initiative
Helping your company and our country solve our workforce challenges.
America is facing a worker shortage crisis: There are too many open jobs without people to fill them. The result: Too many businesses can’t grow, compete, and thrive. And too many workers can't realize their American dreams.
Through the America Works Initiative, we’re helping employers across the country develop and discover talent to fill open jobs and grow our economy.
Understanding America's Labor Shortage
Understanding the Problem
Join the #AmericaWorks Conversation
Make your voice heard. Ask Congress to take action to close the skills gap, grow our country’s workforce, and keep America’s economy strong.
Resources and Guides
U.S. Chamber Foundation Programs to Help Your Company
- Develop your talent pipelineThe U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Talent Pipeline Management (TPM) helps employers partner with educators and economic development leaders to make sure future workers are learning the right skills to meet employer needs.
- Hire from the military communityThe U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes (HOH) program connects companies with military community talent through world-class hiring events and fellowship programs.
- Use data to find the perfect matchJoin the more than 500 organizations using the latest tech and data to better match people with the right jobs through the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Jobs and Employment Data Exchange (JEDx) and T3 Innovation Network.
- Invest differently in upskilling and trainingTake a new approach to paying for education and skills training to create more opportunity, more inclusion, and more jobs with the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s Talent Finance initiative.
- Developing Essential Nursing Talent in PhoenixUsing the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s TPM strategy, the Hospital Workforce Collaborative in Arizona teamed up with local community colleges to train needed specialty nurses.
- Workforce Readiness and Reentry Program at BlackburnA unique program is creating pathways to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals in the equine industry in Kentucky using the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s TPM strategy.
- An Industry-Leading Training Model in AutomotiveUsing the U.S. Chamber Foundation’s TPM strategy, a Toyota training program is meeting industry demand for automotive technicians.
America Works Policy Priorities
We are calling on elected officials at the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
Tell Congress: Address America’s Workforce Crisis Now
Send an email to your elected representatives today saying that you are counting on them to help more American businesses find and hire the talent they need to succeed.
Get in Touch
The U.S. Chamber is here to help. Get in touch today to learn more about our workforce programs.
- Mar 02, 2022Alliance for a New Immigration Consensus Announcement Letter to Congress
This Coalition letter was sent to Congressional Leadership announcing the formation of the Alliance for a New Immigration Consensus.
- Feb 01, 2022U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and Donohue Family Foundation Partner with SkillPointe Foundation to Fund Skills Training Scholarships
Amid ongoing worker shortages, new program provides $100,000 in scholarship funding to ensure Americans have the skills they need to reach their full potential and propel our economy forward
- Jan 31, 2022How One Small Business Is Finding Workers in a Tight Job Market
Wyoming Machine is offering flexible work schedules, a benefit rarely seen in manufacturing, to attract and retain talent during the worker shortage.
- Jan 13, 2022RSM Survey Shows How COVID-19 Has Influenced a Transformation of the Working World
Survey data reveals remote work is a permanent option for many middle market businesses
- Jan 13, 2022Changing Work Patterns in the Middle Market
An RSM US Middle Market Business Index Special Report on Workforce in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Jan 10, 2022Quantifying the Nation’s Workforce Crisis – State of American Business 2022 Update
We examine the current state of the American workforce and the monumental challenges employers are facing across the country.
- Dec 14, 20215 Reasons People Are Changing Careers More Than Ever Before
A new U.S. Chamber poll shows 41% of people are looking to switch industries for their next job. But the reasons why they want to change careers aren’t what you might expect.
- Dec 08, 2021States Already Have Money for More Childcare Support, But They Can’t Give It to Families
Talk in Washington right now on childcare is all centered on the reconciliation bill, but states were given $39 billion for childcare as part of the American Rescue Plan that they are unable to use freely, leaving working parents without relief.