The Chamber's Asia Department gives voice to policies that help American companies compete and prosper in Asia's dynamic marketplace. Our expertise allows companies to actively shape policy debates in Asian countries and in Washington. The Chamber helps companies gain greater access to senior government officials and corporate representatives in a way few organizations can.
- May 15, 2018BEIJING, CHINA—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the China Center for International Economic Exchanges (CCIEE) today opened the tenth meeting of the U.S.-China CEO and Former Senior Officials’ Dialogue, co-chaired by U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue and CCIEE Chairman and Former Vice Premier Zeng Peiyan. They are joined by top business leaders, former cabinet officials, and think tank experts for two days of discussions in Beijing.
- May 11, 2018On May 11, 2018, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce submittedÂ comments to the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) regarding "Proposed Determination on Action Pursuant to Section 301: China's Acts, Policies, and Practices Related to Technology Transfer, Intellectual Property, and Innovation."
- May 01, 20189th China Business Conference Remarks by THOMAS J. DONOHUEPresident and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Washington, D.C. May 1, 2018 Remarks as prepared for delivery. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for being here. I’m excited to introduce our luncheon speakers, who are going to engage in what’s certain to be a fascinating and thought provoking discussion.
- Mar 28, 2018WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue today issued the following statement on the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement (KORUS): “The U.S. Chamber welcomes today’s announcement from the United States and South Korea regarding KORUS, restoring certainty to one of our most important economic and national security relationships.
- Mar 07, 2018The U.S. Chamber's U.S.-Pakistan Business Council (USPBC) joined a number of associations in the U.S. and Pakistan in sending a letter to Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi encouraging the Government of Pakistan to embrace the immediate and long-term benefits of joining the World Trade Organization (WTO) Information Technology Agreement (ITA) and its expansion. Specifically, our organizations urge the government of Pakistan to join the ITA this year.