Spotlight On: Jobs and Hiring
November Jobs Report Paints Confusing Picture of Labor Market
By Curtis Dubay
Why Businesses Are Taking on the Role of Educators
By Sean Ludwig
4 Ways Employers Can Improve Recruiting and Retention
A new poll shows many unemployed workers are not actively looking for work. From offering hybrid work schedules to investing in reskilling and upskilling training, here are four ways employers can improve their recruiting and retention practices.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
By Richard Hartnett
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- EnergyInnovates: Methane—Tackling that 'Other' GasThis virtual discussion will cover both the policy discussion in Washington, as well as the operational progress being made to reduce methane emissions.
- Third Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThis summit will explore the first six months of the new dialogue between the U.S. and EU, the state of the transatlantic relationship, and the role of business, government, and other stakeholders in shaping the path forward.
- Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesFeaturing policymakers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs, this program will highlight and examine policy proposals that promote access to capital, financial empowerment, and pathways to opportunity for minority entrepreneurs.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Feb 15, 2017Multi-Association Letter to President Trump Urging Nominations for FERC Quorum Dear Mr. President:
- Feb 14, 2017H.R. 906, the "Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency Act of 2017 This ILR letter supporting H.R. 906, the “Furthering Asbestos Claim Transparency Act of 2017,” was sent to the Members of the House Committee on the Judiciary. The committee will mark up this bill tomorrow.
- Feb 14, 2017U.S. Chamber Releases Policy Recommendations to Strengthen Economic Partnership with Israel Ahead of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit to the White House, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Israel Business Initiative today released a series of policy recommendations for the new Congress and administration aimed at strengthening the U.S.-Israel economic relationship. The policy recommendations outline a new framework to re-energize the economic and commercial partnership between the two countries, through including a High-Level Economic Dialogue and increased collaboration in key industry sectors.
- Feb 14, 2017How Congress and Trump are Taming the Regulatory Leviathan What more than can be done is to pass the Regulatory Accountability Act and modernize how federal regulations are made.
- Feb 14, 2017H.R. 985, the "Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2017 This letter in support of H.R. 985, the “Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act of 2017,” was sent to the members of the House Judiciary Committee. The Committee will markup this bill tomorrow morning.
- Feb 14, 2017U.S. Chamber Hosts Nigerian Trade Minister for Roundtable Discussion with U.S. Business Leaders The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center today hosted Nigerian Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment H.E. Okechukwu E. Enelamah for a roundtable discussion with U.S. business executives. The conversation focused on enhancing the trade and investment relationship between the U.S. and Nigeria.
- Feb 14, 2017Why Transatlantic Business Relations Can Only Get Better Myron Brilliant writes in The Telegraph about the strong business relationship between the United States and United Kingdom and how we can further strengthen trade and investment ties in the future.
- Feb 14, 2017Five Ways to Think About the Trade Deficit It helps to look at the trade balance from different perspectives
- Feb 13, 2017Coalition Letter Supporting CRA Action on State-sponsored Auto IRAs This coalition letter was sent to all members of Congress in support of H.J. Res. 66 and H.J. Res. 67 regarding safe harbor regulations on savings arrangements established by state and political subdivisions for non-governmental employees. February 13, 2017 TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS:
- Feb 13, 2017Key Vote Alert Supporting H.J. Res 66 and H.J. Res 67 Regarding State-mandated Auto IRAs This key vote letter was sent to all members of Congress urging support for H.J. Res 66 and H.J. Res 67 regarding Congressional Review Act action on the Department of Labor's guidance on state-sponsored auto IRAs. February 13, 2017 TO THE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS: